Sandfield House Farm Whitby

Any recent observations for this site much appreciated, however, main reason for message is Route from North Hertfordshire.

What is the best A1M route please - J45 and then York A64 Scarborough and then A171 or A64 and A169 Pickering way to join the A171 after Sleights, and is the Sleights road OK for Caravans? Any better routes?

First timer to North Yorks,

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I personally wouldn't take my van up or down the hill at Sleights but people do, see it all the time. (It has a runaway pit at the bottom!!!) Also the hill at the Hole of Horcum (Saltersgate) is actually worse as it is really bendy, really steep and has a 20mph limit on it. I would go A64 to Scarborough and go from Scarborough to Whitby. Join A64 at A1.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personally I would use the A64,A169 then the A171 through Sleights. Blue Bank at Sleights is no problem for a well matched outfit. Never stayed at Sandfield House, is it the site between Sandsen and Whitby opposite the golf club?

Personally I would use the A64,A169 then the A171 through Sleights. Blue Bank at Sleights is no problem for a well matched outfit. Never stayed at Sandfield House, is it the site between Sandsen and Whitby opposite the golf club?
Thanks Janet & Jason, and Richard S. - Sandfield House Farm is opposite the Golf Club between Sandsend & Whitby

regards,

chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts