Santa fe 2010

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, I am intending to test drive a new premium santa fe manual to replace my Totota avensis 06 diesel 2.0 which is a bit gutless when towing my series 6 bertagne, I know it is on or over the limit for the car. The santa fe ticks all the boxs as they say with the 7, seats leather and self levelling suspension. Have read a lot on their ability to tow but was wondering on a day to day bases with my wife driving how she will like and manage the bigger vehicle fuel economy e.t.c.? Have been an avid Toyota driver for years but am now starting to question the considerable cost for replacing my car with say a Landcruiser. Had one out with the caravan a few weeks ago, and felt the caravan got a very rough ride behind.Also I am of the opinion the Toyota brand has slipped in the last number of years. Which put me in mind of the santa fe, am I buying a better or less quality vehicle in the santa fe, or is it the change of badge that may be bothering me. Sounds terrible i know, well anybody own or driven the santa 2010 all responsed appreciated. Thanks for reading Sean.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sean,

Tell your wife not to worry. I bought a Santa Fe almost 2 years ago as a towcar. My wife drove a fiesta, but guess what she drives now......... Yes the Santa Fe and I'm relagated to my company car. A lowly Focus.

She loves it and says it's the best car ever.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we've got an 08 Sante Fe. I have always hated driving the 7 seaters we have had before, preferring my little cars, so I have left it to OH. Not so with the Sante Fe. I will happily drive it. I am seriously vertically challenged and can see out of it!! Fuel consumption is far better than the Sedona we used to have.

mel

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks all for the replys all helpfull, will keep in touch as to how the test drive goes. But will have to wait on delivery if we go for one, will also have a look at the sportage when there.

Cheers again Sean.

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sean,

I test drove the new santa fe 3 week's ago, I must say i was very impressed with the test drive. So placed an order for the santa fe premium, the dealer said it is 10-12 week wait so he will let us know when the car is on the boat.

craig

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have a 57 plate santa fe cdx 7 auto. tows our twin axel wyoming like a dream. has 7 seats and self lev sus aswell, oh and dont forget the leather heated seats mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i dont know the kerb weight of your caravan but have you seen the new ix35 its the replacement for the hyundai tucson. very much like the ford kuga but with extras and a 5 year warrenty cant be bad.

good luck keep us posted

jo-anne

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sean,

I test drove the new santa fe 3 week's ago, I must say i was very impressed with the test drive. So placed an order for the santa fe premium, the dealer said it is 10-12 week wait so he will let us know when the car is on the boat.

craig
Hi Craig

Don't hold your breath on the 10-12 delivery date. It's looking more like anything up to 16 weeks from what I'm hearing. Still, it'll be worth the wait! (I hope)

Dave.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Sean

Also test drive the kia sorento, its built on the platform and uses the same 2.2 diesel engine, the kia is 160kg lighter and comes out best in the may diesel car mag comparison test.

194 bhp with 311 lb ft, sounds good to me.

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
If I remember correctly Hyundai adverts used to say "Buy a car - not a badge" I drove a Santa Fe for 5years putting 156K on it see my other post

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Well folks, my new Sants fe is in and will be collecting it on the 9th July.I went for the 5, seater style in white looks really classy also got the rear window tints,anybody have one already and will it take a few miles to get the mpg figures quoted, what do you think of it solo and towing? The dealer tells me he wont have any more untill September, Thanks for all the previous advice. Sean.

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Sean

I have the 7 seater on an 06 plate & have just collected my 5 seater premium replacement 2 weeks ago. Early days but you can certainly feel the 30% extra BHP. Still running in so staying in 1 gear lower than would normally but registering 37 mpg for the first 350 miles which is a good sign. I was getting an average of 40mpg solo on the previous model & have no doubt i will be getting this very shortly on the new car. Never had any problems with the previous car, towed to France each year for 3 weeks very capable towcar & should be even more comfortable in this model

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sean

I have the 7 seater on an 06 plate & have just collected my 5 seater premium replacement 2 weeks ago. Early days but you can certainly feel the 30% extra BHP. Still running in so staying in 1 gear lower than would normally but registering 37 mpg for the first 350 miles which is a good sign. I was getting an average of 40mpg solo on the previous model & have no doubt i will be getting this very shortly on the new car. Never had any problems with the previous car, towed to France each year for 3 weeks very capable towcar & should be even more comfortable in this model
Well Jeff,

Good to hear you like your new motor, I think I will find a big difference from my Toyota Avensis which is 115bhp gutless when towing around 1400kg caravan over the towing limit for the car but managed to get us about. Will have a lot more room and pulling power which all the family are looking forward to.

Cheers Sean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sean,

We collected our black 5-seat Premium on 29th June. Done 500 miles so far - mainly to get up to the 1200 mile towing point. Really impressed so far; quiet, smooth and comfortable. First tank of fuel was 39mpg mainly A1 so good up to now. It has replaced an 08 Sorento - ride is really different as you would expect and mpg already loads better. We are going for another drive this weekend to get the miles up!

Enjoy yours when you get it.

Neal

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Had my 7 seat Premium manual for two weeks now. Done just over a thousand miles so far and I love it. Quick, quiet and comfortable. I'm getting about 38.8 mpg worked on tank to tank fill up, though the trip meter says 40.7. I'll be able to tow with it in about another week or so. Can't wait!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts