Santa fe sat nav update cost.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
I have the Santa fe "66"plate.
I understand from Hyundai website that pre 2017 models cannot be updated from the internet and have to be purchased online(a new sd card I presume).
Just wondering if anyone has done this with their Santa fe and a rough idea of the cost please.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi.
I understand from Hyundai website that pre 2017 models cannot be updated from the internet and have to be purchased online(a new sd card I presume).
Just wondering if anyone has done this with their Santa fe and a rough idea of the cost please.
Depending on your sytem there are online companies that supply updates. Also some owners sell their previous sd card or discs. So you can get one younger than the present. My car has SD card Garmin system. £100 ish for update via Subaru. But I tend to use the standalone Garmin when required. Lifetime updates generally every three months. Other times I put the phone up and let it talk to me via the cars sound system. I don’t attempt to look at it just listen.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you otherclive.

I too have a standalone sat nav,it a Garmin Dezl 760 (lorry/,caravan/ motorhome)which I used to use in the lorry.
I use that one when towing the van but just thought I would like to update the car for when we go sightseeing etc..... without having to set up the Garmin.
Thanks again.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I looked into it, just before the first lock down and found a site where you could either download an update, or for another £5 they would dend a memorymstick which you plugged into the USB port below the center consol, it was about £35 I think, having to search for it now. , I cannot find a SD card anywhere in the car. Let me know if you find one. Going to search on line for the website.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi.

They seem to be the opposite to Volvo. They used to charge very high figures for CD’s. Then, around 2016 they put updates online via SD card. And for FREE. However, IMO, it’s a poor sat nav and updates are rare.

I have decided to invest in a large format phone. Apple and Google maps both work well and are free. Waze and Michelin are other good options.

But I looked at the pay for options of Tom Tom and Garmin with the caravan option. I opted for the Garmin which I think was £26 per year. Because of Covid it had very little use. But that is the direction I am going in for the future.

I last researched this a year ago, I intend to look again when we are free because things are constantly changing.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hunt the internet - there's usually car satnav updates much cheaper than franchised dealers - I paid £60 for my VW which included firmware, software and map update.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ade, I have a different SatNav to yours, I have no visable SD card port.
Go to E, Bay, £ 35, for update card.
20210223_141714.jpg

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been using sat nav since they first were available, my first cost me 1500 but I’d prefer that to any built in satnav I’ve come across and being in the aftermarket motor trade I’ve seen most of them, I’ve yet to see one that doesn’t need you to take your eyes off the road whereas with a separate satnav, Garmin is my favourite and comes with lifetime map and camera warning updates, the best thing though is you can position it where it suits you and you can have it in your line of site so no distraction at all, I’ve got an Astra estate with a satnav built in tried it and never used it since and the same with the Kuga we bought last year, not been used other than to try it and dismiss it after 5 minutes, it’s not just built in satnav in cars that distract it’s all the other gadgets that distract and some are as dangerous as hand held phones, we all love a gadget in our cars but at what cost to safety.

BP

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
They seem to be the opposite to Volvo. They used to charge very high figures for CD’s. Then, around 2016 they put updates online via SD card. And for FREE. However, IMO, it’s a poor sat nav and updates are rare.

I have decided to invest in a large format phone. Apple and Google maps both work well and are free. Waze and Michelin are other good options.

But I looked at the pay for options of Tom Tom and Garmin with the caravan option. I opted for the Garmin which I think was £26 per year. Because of Covid it had very little use. But that is the direction I am going in for the future.

I last researched this a year ago, I intend to look again when we are free because things are constantly changing.

John

Updates for the Volvo Sensus system are free online. Normally there are around two a year. However, there was only one update last year. As you have just reminded me, I have just checked the Volvo website and a new update for Europe is now available (from the 18th).

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Updates for the Volvo Sensus system are free online. Normally there are around two a year. However, there was only one update last year. As you have just reminded me, I have just checked the Volvo website and a new update for Europe is now available (from the 18th).

This topic has prompted me to check and I am just about to do the update. Volvo miss a sales trick/opportunity, by not having a reminder email when they get round to updating. But good on them for providing it free of charge.

John

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
My Tucson so far gets a free update while it is in main dealer for annual service. Not sure when that might expire but surely the cost to the garage is minimal at most!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Many of you are lucky as we have never been able to update the Satnav on our Jeep. However later Jeeps after 2016 have the TomTom which can be updated.

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi.
This might have been true but as of November 2021 the Hyundai site
lists all models it is available for and for the Santa Fe from 2006 - 22 models, I’ve the 2014 model

the download sat nav update page is on this link

hope this of help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts