Sat Nav - any recommendations

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lisa. I've been using the Nuvi 350 and it took me from Spain via Calais/Dover to Devon without one problem.

It is so neat and slips in my shirt pocket and we wandered around Rome, Venice and Barcelona etc on foot with no problems and used it to find restaurants things to see.

Brilliant piece of kit, military use Garmin products and that is a good reccomendation for reliability!

Hope you like it. Watford Electronics www.savastore.com division have them in stock at a good price.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Changed my mind at the last moment and cancelled the Garmin and went for TTG 500. Arrived today and used it tonight. It's absolutely brilliant. Not as sleek looking as the Nuvi but it got me to a remote location in Lincolnshire no probs at all. Brilliant.

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Spooky, me and Gaye were just wondering how you were getting on with the Sat Nav, Lisa. They are great, but I dare say you are still finding out all that it can do and the best way of using it. Have you got speed cameras on it yet?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I have speed camera data on Garmin Nuvi now and on I3's. Latest monthly updated version has a speed warning before the cameras or mobile speed traps.

We find we now know where others are going to slam their brakes on so you can adjust your positioning way before a camera ;-)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

It arrived yesterday so haven't really had much time to play around with it. Popped over to a farm in Lincs in the middle of no where, no probs there and back (a miracle!). Yes it's got speed cameras on it. Planning on a few trips at the weekend to see how it goes.

Lisa.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lisa.

Speed camera data base is updated each month at www.pocketgpsworld.com , it has all current known camera and temporary sites. Even as a safe driver, it can be easy to make a mistake and get nabbed.

You can go to the forum sections and find answers to any queeries you may have on your little toy, or register and ask the sages there any questions.

You may have a free deal at present with a new satnav for SC database, it is now a pay feature as it turned to a pro operation 2 or 3 months back.

I was a prior supporter and provider of Speed Cam locations so I get free access ;-)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was in my car on the carpark at work trying to programme in my mobile via blue tooth to the TTgo. It picked up several colleagues' phones. I didn't accept the connections though (shame really because that could have been quite a laugh!).

My phone is not compatible.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts