Scenic awnings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone any experience, good or bad, of these awnings. We have seen them in magazines etc. but never on site. We are thinking of buying the Scenic plus but are not sure as the design seems flimsy. All coments welcome.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Andrew if you trawl through previous postings under Equipment and Accessories you will find quite a few threads on these awnings, mostly which are favourable. There are different makes, some better than others as I have found from experience.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Scenic Plus awning which I am pleased with. It is not the type of awning you would use in very bad weather conditions but it is not designed for that purpose. Having said that, ours has stood up to heavy rain and fairly strong winds and has been perfectly stable and waterproof. With a bit of practice it can be erected in about 10 minutes (plus pegging out) and is ideal for weekend breaks etc. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've had ours for a year now and it is great. Sure it isn't going to last as long as an Isabella, but its quick, very light a doddle to dry if its wet and a fair amount of room. My only regret is I didn't get the plus.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My only comment on these type of awnings is to check the stiching near the pockets the the poles fix into near the caravan. I had the stiching come adrift in a moderate wind which resulted in the poles marking the caravan side quite badly (

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My only comment on these type of awnings is to check the stiching near the pockets the the poles fix into near the caravan. I had the stiching come adrift in a moderate wind which resulted in the poles marking the caravan side quite badly (

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
we got one last year for our van,tried putting it up,and found it didnt fit,it had gaping holes down the sides.luckily we were able to take it back and get a refund.as it turned out our old van is only 7 foot 6 high,these awnings are made for new or newish vans of 8 foot high,so check the height of your van first,we ended up having to get a full awning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts