scotland caravan club sites

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at this one http://www.gairlochcampsite.co.uk. Some of the comments regarding midges might put you off North West Scotland however we have enough of a breeze to keep them to an acceptable level - and we have everything on your list. By the way, why confine yourself to Club sites just because you are a member?

Happy Camping whatever you decide.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
colin, thanks for the advice. ive had a look it looks beautiful. i tried to get it up on google earth but its all blurred. the reviews on ukcampsite are fantastic.

i usually stick to cc sites because i dont think they are as pricey as most commercial sites. Im paying

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
We are in the North West Highlands. Go to the Multi Map site and type in our postcode IV21 2BX. It is a long way north of Edinburgh - about 4-5 hours - but the trip is well worth it if you get the right weather.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Jo-anne i live in Inverness Area the Culloden site is great for North of Bonnie Scotland 2hrs from Bunree a couple of hrs from wick 2hrs from Kyle of lochalsh ( Driving that is solo)2-3 hrs from Edinburgh/Glasgow all great sites up here plenty to chose from

have a great time up here all the best P.S. get some cheep skin cream from boots and rubit in keeps the midgies away no problem

cheeeers Duggie

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

Seriously, look at www.edintattoo.co.uk.

A very comprehensive site that tells you what's going on and which events you may wish to see etc. You'll enjoy it.

Cheers

Alan

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
No one has mentioned the Club site at Newtonmore. Nine miles north of the Dalwhinnie turnoff on the A9. A wonderful site, brilliant for touring the Cairngorm area. We like to stay for at least two weeks. Great area for walking. Aviemore is about 12 miles to the north. Its near Kingussie. This area is where they made Monarch of the Glen. Only time we had a small problem with midgies was when we went in late July.

We werent too keen on Culloden - found it too regimented.

Can also recommend the club site at Speyside. Way out in the middle of no where, but wonderful for visiting distilleries. One only about three miles from the site.

The site at Granton on Spey is close to the town centre and that is handy for meals/shopping etc. Must admit though we havent stayed on this particular site for many years because of the high level of fees.

Totally agree about Balbirnie/Markinch - lovely little site.

The site at Newcastleton is a little gem = members only - and Eddie keeps the park immaculate. Again very handy for the village shops. Walking and touring the borders.

Enjoy

Comment about the tatoo. It is absolutely breathtaking, but it is advisable to be well wrapped up because it can be chilly. Also if you are a heavy weight, you will find the seats a tad on the small side.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
No one has mentioned the Club site at Newtonmore. Nine miles north of the Dalwhinnie turnoff on the A9. A wonderful site, brilliant for touring the Cairngorm area. We like to stay for at least two weeks. Great area for walking. Aviemore is about 12 miles to the north. Its near Kingussie. This area is where they made Monarch of the Glen. Only time we had a small problem with midgies was when we went in late July.

We werent too keen on Culloden - found it too regimented.

Can also recommend the club site at Speyside. Way out in the middle of no where, but wonderful for visiting distilleries. One only about three miles from the site.

The site at Granton on Spey is close to the town centre and that is handy for meals/shopping etc. Must admit though we havent stayed on this particular site for many years because of the high level of fees.

Totally agree about Balbirnie/Markinch - lovely little site.

The site at Newcastleton is a little gem = members only - and Eddie keeps the park immaculate. Again very handy for the village shops. Walking and touring the borders.

Enjoy

Comment about the tatoo. It is absolutely breathtaking, but it is advisable to be well wrapped up because it can be chilly. Also if you are a heavy weight, you will find the seats a tad on the small side.
yes linda i am a heavy weight lol

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Oh I see you are bomabarded with information as soon as you mentioned Scotland !! Well thts great.Enjoy.I have just joined and heard a lot about Bunree so may investigate. Our favourites are Loch Lomond, Culzean Castle and Yellowcraig. from experience in Loch Lomond,where there are birds, midges are less of a problem. some campers had taken wee bird feeders along!!Nice natural deterrent.We has Citronella candles, skin so soft and bird seed and found it fun attacking and succeeeding against the blighters!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts