Seat Alhambra/galaxy/vw sharan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - all those people who tow with one of the above cars, can you tell me the weight of your caravan that you tow. I have a sterling sapphire which is 1450kg and am thinking of purchasing one of the above.

Also what do they tow like.

thanks

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Tdi Ghia 110 since new in 1999.

At present I tow an Abbey Aventura Max weight 1350kg.

I have towed extensively in France,Spain,Portugal,{I am retired) as well as UK. It now has 97000 miles on the clock with a large proportion towing. I have allways felt confident towing it and it feels very steady. I personally dont think there is a better all round vehicle. The newer ones have a bit more power.

Your van is a bit heavier but should be well within the safe limits (depending on model).

If you want any more inf. please ask

Johnd

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi gill have you looked at the kia sedona 2.9 crdi 2000kgs tow weight,143 bhp diesel engine, i tow a 1239 kgs bailey ranger around europe from scotland. its a great tow car, i looked at those models and the renault espace,i think the kia is miles ahead

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Like steve I have the kia sedona 2.9crdi and it is a fantastic car all round, it will tow anything, the seating inside is excellent for long or short journeys, seven of us have travelled down south in perfect comfort, fuel economy is superb !! I cant fault it in any way !

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Tdi Ghia 110 since new in 1999.

At present I tow an Abbey Aventura Max weight 1350kg.

I have towed extensively in France,Spain,Portugal,{I am retired) as well as UK. It now has 97000 miles on the clock with a large proportion towing. I have allways felt confident towing it and it feels very steady. I personally dont think there is a better all round vehicle. The newer ones have a bit more power.

Your van is a bit heavier but should be well within the safe limits (depending on model).

If you want any more inf. please ask

Johnd
We too are looking for an MPV, but would only be able to afford something around 5 years old so I was interested that you have a 1999 model. Could you give me some idea of the fuel consumption when towing. Our van weighs around 1400 kg max.

Thanks for your help

Frances

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
hi gill have you looked at the kia sedona 2.9 crdi 2000kgs tow weight,143 bhp diesel engine, i tow a 1239 kgs bailey ranger around europe from scotland. its a great tow car, i looked at those models and the renault espace,i think the kia is miles ahead
Have just read your message (and others) suggesting a Kia Sedona for a towcar. Hadn't even heard of this until now! Why is there no mention in the Practical Caravan towcar list I wonder?

Could any of you give me an idea of the fuel consumption when towing with this vehicle. We would only be able to afford an older model, possibly 5 years old. Have they been made for that long? Also, nobody mentions what age their own Sedonas are. That would be of help.

Thanks

Frances

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi, i currently tow a coachman laser 590/4 with my galaxy zetec 1.9 tdi 130bhp. the cars kerb weight is 1710 kg and my vans mtplm is 1690 kg. we have had no problems at all with the car over the two years we have had it and we have no intensions of changing it since it is such a good tow car. the car has more than enough power and the brakes are excellent and on a run we average 30-35 mpg with the van in tow as high as 55 mpg solo. well recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts