seat alhambra

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
The 4 speed box is made by Jatco and can fail if the gearbox fluid isn't changed the 5 speed one is more reliable in service but insist on a fluid change ....same for most cars if towing

MH

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Anthony & sharon, there is no such thing as a 130 tdi auto. vw seat and ford all supply the auto with the tdi 115 bhp engine as the box is not strong enough for more power, beware of anyone trying to sell a tiptronic equipped alhambra or sharran / galaxy if they say it has been chipped to 130 or more as the box will simply destroy itself.

both seat and vw now supply the alhambra manual with the new 2.0 tdi but the auto is still supplied as a 1.9 115 bhp tdi.

The alhambra is an absolutely superb and very capable car, in my opinion far better all round than any 4x4 excepting the obvious off road capabilities, it is far more stable towing than my discovery ever was and to boot i can carry seven people tow my van and still get 35 to 40 mpg, 55 mpg solo although my car has got an engine remap which gives me 172 bhp just shy of 400 pound of torque and 10 % better fuel economy.

Do a search on seat alhambra and you will find a wealth of information on this site.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I agree with icemaker we find our Alhambra to be a more capable towcar than our old 2.5TD LWB Shogun in all repects except when 4WD needed.

I think we used the extra traction no more than a handful of times with the Shogun and have required towing off once since we got the Alhambra.

I am not saying I would not get another 4WD but we find the Alhambra a better towcar 95% of the time and as said it is very economical and comfortably seats 7 adults comfortably if required.

I can not comment on the auto versions but do go for the lower suspension, it is much firmer and more stable than the higher suspension Galaxies I have driven and this must help when towing.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Absolutely right garry, the sport suspension makes a big difference to the handling and lowers the car by about an inch so it no longer rolls as much in corners, i was lucky in that my car was being prepared as a demonstrater for a local dealer in stockport, it had every extra possible fitted to it and it was delivered to them the day i test drove it. the very next day the dealer went in to liquidation and i was offered the car at a very low cost, right place right time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts