Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 9 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Some big personal news from me. I wasn't allowed to say anything until this point, but I have volunteered for vaccine trials for Covid-19 that Bupa are running in partnership with Cambridge University. It's important that we all do our part to beat this virus. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose yesterday morning at 08:00 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши. чувствую себя немного странно.

There was no joke in your post. An identical post made by a Leeds supporter from Shrewsbury was Tweeted four days ago. When I spoke to my son who has worked in CROs at senior level told me out right it was a “ porkie” Not funny 👎
Humour on forums can be quite subjective.
Best not to dwell on it and move swiftly on.......

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anyone noticed how lax the latest lockdown is?
No one at the supermarkets cleansing the trolley handles.
A lot of the hand sanitisers are empty or not immediately visually available. The head count of persons entering has stopped.
Our small card and craft shop is shut yet I can buy cards at twice the press from the big boys.The two metre rule seems to have fallen on some people’s deaf ears.
There appears just as many cars on the roads. Yet from I read use of public transport has dropped considerably.
My biggest regret is the local hand car wash is closed😥😥

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A lot of the hand sanitisers are empty or not immediately visually available. The head count of persons entering has stopped.
Our small card and craft shop is shut yet I can buy cards at twice the press from the big boys.The two metre rule seems to have fallen on some people’s deaf ears.
There appears just as many cars on the roads. Yet from I read use of public transport has dropped considerably.
Don’t worry after Dec 2 there’s speculation that the previous Tier system will have to be strengthened and the Government want to announce how many families can meet up over the five days of Xmas. 😱 I guess that over that period with everything else closed the virus will be contained to families and people you know just like at No 10. It will then give Track and Trace a head start into the escalating infection rate in January. Based on the fact that you should know those sitting around the dining table over over Christmas and New Year.

Given that we are only just over halfway through lockdown 2 and then 22 days from Christmas I hope the models of infection rate v region v human behaviour are good ones. I also am disappointed that those of faiths who have had major religious events and festivals were told to stay away from places of worship and conduct family celebration by zoom. Diwali in Leicester by zoom just wasn’t the same as actually being there. 😂

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Quite correct and it is as if there is no lockdown. No wonder the daily infection rate is still the same with average of 20,000 new infections per day! I had to have another Covid19 test last week and it was better than the first one. I think it depends on who is doing the test and their frame of mind.

Sainsbury have kept the head count even after the last lockdown and still sanitise the trolley which is why we have now switched to shopping at Sainsbury even thouhg it is Online. We have being doing comparison shopping between Sainsbury and Morrisons and at the end of the day there is hardly any difference in the overall price between the two, but on fresh stuff like meat, Sainsbury is definitely better.

Our normal shop would be Lidl, Morrisons and Poundstretcher however LIDL quality seems to have dropped in the past 3 -4 months plus no option for delivery or Click & Collect however their shops are generally quiet. Poundstretcher is also very quiet.
With the exception of a visit to Sainsbury just before the lockdown we have avoided all the big supermarkets since March.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dusty Sad to say i agree with your comments

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Hee no, they're probably putting selves more at risk but they are silly as one has been to hospital where there as plenty of cases. Just makes me wonder at all the 'young people's moaners' !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent news this morning. Oxford Astra Zeneca C19 vaccine 💉 will be available soon. 100 million dose ordered for U.K. use👏👏👏👏👍👍
Oxford/Astra Zeneca's new is encouraging, but as with all the recent vaccine announcement's none of them will be available until the regulators have done their due diligence and can conclude they are safe to be delivered. It's not a foregone conclusion.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The reporting has been misquoted by some media. 1/2 first dose =70% 2nd dose = 90%.
But a full 1st &2nd dose I believe is 90%.
Best read Astra Zeneca’s site.
When one of our dogs first had its rabies dose she didn’t reach the required antibody level. So after four weeks she had a booster and her antibody count absolutely rocketed.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It is encouraging news.
I signed up to the registry for volunteers to test Covid vaccines some months ago. Haven’t been called as yet, but I understand research will continue even after the roll out of the current vaccines. ( They send a newsletter).
Whatever, my arm will be at the ready.
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve signed up as a volunteer but due to my age it will not be patient facing. So looks like traffic Marshall for me or Charwalla 😂

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll take 'whatever shots' are available for us. The only concerning factor is how useful it'll be when there will be so many 'dissenting' voices probably keeping 'the bug' alive. Don't particularly like a 'nanny' state, but there has been 'talk' of compulsion? But that obviously won't happen. perhaps 'dissenters' should be confined to 'barracks!' ;)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
At the moment, they know that the 3 vaccines that have reported so far, are highly effective in preventing people who catch Covid from becoming seriously ill. What is not known is if the vaccine prevents transmission. This won’t be known until the vaccines are widely deployed. Hence dissenters ( whose numbers are probably hugely over emphasised by the media), may not have much impact.
mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
They state tests are showing that vaccines are 90%, but what they are not telling you is what has happened to the other 10%. Oxford university used a figure of 45000 so in essence 4500 either got infected or died. Of those people how many passed the virus on friends, family and others? Of those that had the vaccine and suffer no ill effects where they then exposed to people who had the virus? No one knows enough about how the tests were conducted and what parameters or constraints were used

The vaccine has to be kept at temperatures of minus 70C. So we now have a logistics issue of transporting the vaccine and it being kept at hospitals or surgeries at the required temperature of minus 70C. I do not think many hospitals or surgeries have that sort of refrigeration

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts