Second Lockdown šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Page 41 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Working for NHS24 my daughter was able to confirm that a ew people did have minor problems after the jab but not long lasting in almost all cases. She suggested Lucozade to us as something to help when we were due a jab, but that is not the official line. Worth a try if you have a problem.
Hi Ray my wife has different reactions to any jabs
Flu jab she gets a very sore arm for 3 days
Vaccine Jab sore arm pounding headaches it lasted 10 days
if anything helps it worth considering .
Lucozade in for second jab

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My 29 year grandson has received an invitation for a jab. He has no health issues (that heā€™s aware if). My sons comment when he heard was unprintable šŸ˜·

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My neice who works in Moscow , as a school teacher went back there, about 12th January, and within a week, she had her first jab, and she had her second one last Friday. With certificate in Russian and English. Thats quick.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Vaccination acceleration. The daughter (51) and her husband just had their invites. DiL the same, but son, the oldest of them all (55) is still waiting. This is faster than they expected.

John

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Vaccination acceleration. The daughter (51) and her husband just their invites. DiL the same, but son, the oldest of them all (55) is still waiting. This is faster than they expected.

John
The roll out of the vaccines has been incredibly fast, but there has been variations in the success of the distribution and uptake which means that some areas are now slipping behind their neighbours.

If you are in an eligible age group and have not received the vaccine, but younger age groups are now being called in your area you should contact your GP's surgery just in case there has been a mistake and you have been missed.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The roll out of the vaccines has been incredibly fast, but there has been variations in the success of the distribution and uptake which means that some areas are now slipping behind their neighbours.

If you are in an eligible age group and have not received the vaccine, but younger age groups are now being called in your area you should contact your GP's surgery just in case there has been a mistake and you have been missed.

Not sure if your referring to me but I had mine 6 weeks ago. I feel sure that my son will be told very soon as they are all in the same cohort.

I have no reason to think that our region are vaccinating younger groups before the older ones have been done, And I am told the take up is strong in the SW. I donā€™t know if there are great differences between regions.
It was reported today that Scotland have a surplus of vaccines.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There can be quite surprising variations in the progress within smaller areas rather than the bigger regions, so as I suggested if anyone thinks they have been missed compared to others in your locality check with your GP's surgery.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very disappointed to read in todayā€™s paper that Italy is going into a third lockdown on the 15 th March due to new C-19 variants. A touch of deja vu from last yearšŸ¤”. Also Germany and France are on the cusp of a third lockdown.
On a brighter note the U.K. is doing well on the vaccination programme and the number of new cases is reducing. Looks like caravanning will be very popular here this year!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Very disappointed to read in todayā€™s paper that Italy is going into a third lockdown on the 15 th March due to new C-19 variants. A touch of deja vu from last yearšŸ¤”. Also Germany and France are on the cusp of a third lockdown.
On a brighter note the U.K. is doing well on the vaccination programme and the number of new cases is reducing. Looks like caravanning will be very popular here this year!
We're starting to get the benefit of the vaccination programme but the rest of the EU is a long way behind

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There can be quite surprising variations in the progress within smaller areas rather than the bigger regions, so as I suggested if anyone thinks they have been missed compared to others in your locality check with your GP's surgery.
Hi ProfJohnL I am in agreement with you with you only a couple of weeks ago someone in a care home he was asking about his mother (87) who blind not had her first jab at our doctors in North Lincolnshire .to each its own

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I read that NHS vaccination providers have been notified of a significant reduction in ā€œ inboundā€ vaccine supplies from 29 March, lasting fir a month. After a specific date no more appointments are to be made. It does not say if it when people will get their second jab. I suspected things were amiss as two of our centres are not working and the national stat shown each evening were well below those figures achieved in the run up to 15 February when cohorts 1-4 were the priority. The predicted ā€œ mad March ā€œof 4m+ per week has not been achieved.
Hopefully it will not adversely affect easing.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Nope. Just watched the briefing. They are covering the supply reduction by vaccinating the over 50s but not progressing to the over 40s because they want to focus on rooting out the vulnerable people in groups1 to 9 who have not yet had the jab ( who presumably are tiny in number than progressing to the over 40s). So not a problem ;)
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Just watched the briefing. They are covering the supply reduction by vaccinating the over 50s but not progressing to the over 40s because they want to focus on rooting out the vulnerable people in groups1 to 9 who have not yet had the jab ( who presumably are tiny in number than progressing to the over 40s). So not a problem ;)
mel
Not a problem for 1-9 but to achieve herd immunity itā€™s said that 70% need to be vaccinated or have had Covid. The under 18 make up 20% and if only 1-9 are vaccinated there will be a percentage who have not received the vaccine plus the 18-49 s who will be delayed. Government cannot afford to see numbers rise again, especially hospitalised or deaths. So delay easing. Watch this space.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I read that NHS vaccination providers have been notified of a significant reduction in ā€œ inboundā€ vaccine supplies from 29 March, lasting fir a month. After a specific date no more appointments are to be made. It does not say if it when people will get their second jab. I suspected things were amiss as two of our centres are not working and the national stat shown each evening were well below those figures achieved in the run up to 15 February when cohorts 1-4 were the priority. The predicted ā€œ mad March ā€œof 4m+ per week has not been achieved.
Hopefully it will not adversely affect easing.
I think it's intended to protect supplies of the Pfizer vaccine to give second doses to those who had a Pfizer first jab - they're taking the EU threat of export restriction seriously as the Pfizer vaccine is all imported.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think it's intended to protect supplies of the Pfizer vaccine to give second doses to those who had a Pfizer first jab - they're taking the EU threat of export restriction seriously as the Pfizer vaccine is all imported.

Undoubtedly, but their overoptimism once again leaves much to be desired. This was yesterdayā€™s Times.

6362211D-8021-4B72-AE04-A1F22E0FF557.jpeg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Before I have the second jab I will be checking with my own doctor as I have a long history of blood clots and being on anti embolic medication for a number of years. I know that the information is that there is no basis about this but to be on the safe side I feel having the medical okay would be beneficial.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Reading both in the paper and on BBC there should be no problem. The numbers are shown as 37 which is in fact lower than should have occurred naturally. It does seem like scaremongering as it seems to be politicians halting the process against medical advice but I agree if you are subject to blood clots then it is better to be err on the side of caution.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
According to the Very cleverProf Van Tam you are just as likely to get a blood clot from paracetamol. Extremely remote. Iā€™d say you have more chance of catching Covid!

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The concern over blood clotting is that it's a very specific type, in the Sinus vein, which is extremely rare and much rarer in the normal population than the few examples after vaccination - it's not been reported in UK-produced batches of the AZ vaccine, only those produced elsewhere.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The concern over blood clotting is that it's a very specific type, in the Sinus vein, which is extremely rare and much rarer in the normal population than the few examples after vaccination - it's not been reported in UK-produced batches of the AZ vaccine, only those produced elsewhere.
Better watch out then our delayed 5M doses are due from the Serum Institute not UK manufacture. But since most of our flu jabs and many others come from there Iā€™m okay with it. šŸ˜·šŸ‘

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts