Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 42 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reports of 37 out of 17million people who have received the AZ vaccine seems to be being used by the media to spread panic. What about the several thousand people who have broken a limb since receiving the vaccine????

Whilst it is important to follow up possible links of side effects, but just taking raw numbers and publishing them without fully investigating the probability and or other possible causes. The information is wholly inadequate to draw a secure conclusion that the AZ vaccine is complicit in the incidence.

Put this another way 99.9998% of the people who have the vaccine don't get a a blood clot. Even if the vaccine is responsible the risk is not much especially compared to the risk of catching Covid 19. is Realistically You have a greater risk of injury just walking out of your front door than getting a vaccine related blood clot.

Most people who have had a diagnosis that involves a raised risk of blood clots will already be having some form of anti coagulation therapy. This will undoubtedly afford some protection, but if you are in any doubt consult your GP.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Reports of 37 out of 17million people who have received the AZ vaccine seems to be being used by the media to spread panic. What about the several thousand people who have broken a limb since receiving the vaccine????

Whilst it is important to follow up possible links of side effects, but just taking raw numbers and publishing them without fully investigating the probability and or other possible causes. The information is wholly inadequate to draw a secure conclusion that the AZ vaccine is complicit in the incidence.

Put this another way 99.9998% of the people who have the vaccine don't get a a blood clot. Even if the vaccine is responsible the risk is not much especially compared to the risk of catching Covid 19. is Realistically You have a greater risk of injury just walking out of your front door than getting a vaccine related blood clot.

Most people who have had a diagnosis that involves a raised risk of blood clots will already be having some form of anti coagulation therapy. This will undoubtedly afford some protection, but if you are in any doubt consult your GP.

It is not the risk of walking outdoors, its probably more like being struck by lightning!

But seriously the Yellow Card system in use by most western countries is designed to pick up problems of vaccines and/other medications. As regards Covid vaccines the Yellow Cards are probably being watched far more intensely than for other medications.

I had DVT in 2017, and am on regular anti coagulant, but the paperwork and websites for the vaccine advises you to speak to your GP if you have concerns. I did not bother as the risk of blood clot from an injection is infinitely low. I've had flu jabs, overseas jabs since being on anti coagulants and never once has a concern over blood clots been raised. As it was, the doctor who administered my covid jab asked as part of the preset questions about anti coagulants. I answered "Yes" and all that she then did was press my arm for about 30 seconds or so after the jab

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately we have reason to believe that a blood clot resulted in the death of our 47 year old daughter on Monday. She had the jab 10 days previous. We are unsure, but would not advise anyone not to have the jab.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately we have reason to believe that a blood clot resulted in the death of our 47 year old daughter on Monday. She had the jab 10 days previous. We are unsure, but would not advise anyone not to have the jab.
So very sorry to hear of your sad loss. My condolences.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I admit 2012 has not been good to us so far as OH lost BIL in early January, then my Mom passed away a week later and then a week after that our little dog Ollie. Very stressful for us.
However one has to pick ones self up and look to the future and get on with life and move on.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our son is near that age and the thought of his passing would be so difficult, we empathise and send you our deepest and heartfelt sympathy on your sad loss. Our thoughts are with you at this time.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thank you. I admit 2012 has not been good to us so far as OH lost BIL in early January, then my Mom passed away a week later and then a week after that our little dog Ollie. Very stressful for us.
However one has to pick ones self up and look to the future and get on with life and move on.

Sorry to hear of the run of bad news, condolences from me and Marj to Margret and you Ian.

Great attitude.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm so sorry to learn of your devastating loss.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wonder what the risk of a blood clot is after having the flu jab. The OAZ vaccine is a traditional spike protein type Same as the flu jab πŸ€”

Have the blood clots found in UK and elsewhere been factually linked to the AZO vaccine. I’ve not seen any evidence. Have you?

Probability about the same as having a blood clot without being vaccinated.

There is no evidence the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine causes blood clots, say UK and EU regulators after a "thorough and careful review".

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Dreadful news Buckman so sorry. I had mine on Wednesday and no ill effects. OxfordAZ. The risks are so slight the Europeans were crazy to halt their programme imo but if it were one bad batch that might be different. Given the stats though looks unlikely.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
No not seen any evidence. The EU countries must think they have some though... Or have made some up.
With the data available so far the EMA , MHRA and WHO have not found evidence of a casual link between AZO vaccine and blood clots. I find it difficult to understand what extra evidence you think EU countries have, that isn’t available to their individual health regulators and the EMA. All contributed to the findings announced yesterday.
False speculation only serves to undermine the work being undertaken to try and get on top of Covid.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not my words but from a friend that deals with EU bureaucrats every day. If not appropriate mods can remove or modify.

You couldn't make it up...

The pandemic arrives and the UK government are ridiculed for not joining the EU Vaccine Program.

Fast forward several months and the UK has placed orders for millions of doses from a variety of pharmaceutical companies including the Anglo Swedish Astra Zeneca.

The UK NHS supplemented by thousands of volunteers swings into action and a massive vaccination program kicks off. The EU's contribution: to cast doubt on the safety of the AZ drug and accuse the UK of acting irresponsibly.

The EU finally gets around to signing off contracts and immediately starts complaining that AZ are in breach of contract by not supplying them fast enough. AZ demonstrates that they are following the terms of the contract and the main reason for the delay was the fact that the EU were 3 months late in signing a deal (trying to get a cheaper price even though AZ were offering the drug 'at cost').

Come up to date and the EU persists with the propaganda that the AZ drug isn't safe and reveals that it has 7.5 million unused doses in warehouses. But, they are going to stop shipment to the UK because AZ are refusing to provide more doses to the EU from UK facilities. Confused? It gets better.

The EU then threaten to invoke emergency regulations that will prevent the shipment of vaccine to the UK only now they admit, in a round about way, it's because the UK are performing so much better with the vaccine roll out. The number of vaccinations in the UK are 'disproportionate'.

Edited

So, those citizens who, like me, have received the Pfizer as a first dose will be able to have the AZ as a second. You can always judge an organisation best by the way it handles a crisis. Oh boy, has the EU lived down to my lowest expectations by the way they are handling this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I presumed they have some kind of (false?) evidence is because they've stopped giving the vaccine. I don't suppose they stopped it with no reason, that would be totally irrational. Maybe it's political, but they'd still need to give a false medical reason to validify it.
Don’t forget that UK suspended Pfizer within days of the first doses being given. Was our reason false?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I thought there was a delivery issue which caused the U.K. to suspend the Pfizer rather than a medical reasonπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”. Certainly a number of EU countries did suspend it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought there was a delivery issue which caused the U.K. to suspend the Pfizer rather than a medical reasonπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”. Certainly a number of EU countries did suspend it.
My mistake. MHRA advised people who may be susceptible to an allergic reaction to avoid the Pfizer vaccine as a result of cases here and in the USA. It wasn’t suspended.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
LikeBuckman sooo true-well written; the EU for me have really shown themselves up for what they are and I can't put into writing that as it would have me banned. An utter disgrace doesn't come close. I voted leave and am so glad I was right. You couldn't write it. Incompetence at the highest level, not working together for the good of the union etc etc. And for once praise for our government who invested in the research and followed through with orders in spite of it being a gamble.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....you have to remember that European politicians have been jailed for failing to protect the health and well being of their citizens for which their post makes them responsible.
They can't be held responsible for the pandemic but they can be held responsible for authorising an unsafe vaccine.
This is making them overly cautious in our eyes this side of the channel but then I for one don't remember any of our politicians ever being jailed for decisions that turned out to be detrimental to peoples health.

You will see that EU countries will very soon again start using the AZ vaccine once it can be demonstrated that the politicians concerned have followed up what they consider to be essential safety checks.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The EMA have failed . So much so it is amazing that three EU members have been purchasing the Russian vaccine.
I can’t find any reference to the efficacy of an Oxford AZ recipient
then receiving a Pfizer as the second?? I was under the impression the technology was totally different. Strange.
I expect the history books will tell us what happened and who did what . Just glad I’ve had my jab, second soon.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The EMA have failed . So much so it is amazing that three EU members have been purchasing the Russian vaccine.
I can’t find any reference to the efficacy of an Oxford AZ recipient
then receiving a Pfizer as the second?? I was under the impression the technology was totally different. Strange.
I expect the history books will tell us what happened and who did what . Just glad I’ve had my jab, second soon.

There are several vaccines for other dieses where there are different vaccines available, and apparently there are some where it is allowed to have an initial jab from one brand and a secondary booster from an different brand. Part of the reasoning, is it uses each vaccines uniqueness and combined it can give a broader protection than just a single brand.

Specifically with the Covid Vaccines, there is some research going on to see if the same benefits might accrue or if there are any contra indicators.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts