Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 46 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I see that the “freedom day” for those who have been double vaccinated has quietly been delayed to mid August. Until then they will be required to self isolate if having been in contact with a Covid infected person. This is hardly a move likely to encourage use of the NHS app?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate that second lockdown is a fading memory but rather than start a new thread I have added a link to this one. It describes the difficult choices being faced by German politicians and scientists as to where they may go from here with covid. As our PM and Health Secretary indicated “ we will have to learn to live with it” Similar thoughts are emerging in Germany. This article in Der Spiegel might be of interest

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa..._1jtzCCtmxpVo9GAZr2b4X8GquyeAc9&nlid=bfjpqhxz

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I hope it is a fading memory Clive, the jury’s out for me until say October😥😥. Surprise, Germany and France must be learning from us😜😜

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I appreciate that second lockdown is a fading memory but rather than start a new thread I have added a link to this one. It describes the difficult choices being faced by German politicians and scientists as to where they may go from here with covid. As our PM and Health Secretary indicated “ we will have to learn to live with it” Similar thoughts are emerging in Germany. This article in Der Spiegel might be of interest

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa..._1jtzCCtmxpVo9GAZr2b4X8GquyeAc9&nlid=bfjpqhxz

Thank you, very interesting perspective.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s not gone away😥😥. Daughter SiL and grandson just returned from four days in a hotel , Bournemouth. Two now have Covid! She has been super careful and is double jabbed!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We use LIDL for some groceries with teh balance being delivered. Idea is that our LIDL is never very busy therefore safe. However today we had to go into the local Morrisons to collect some stuff not available from Sainsbury. A bit too busy for our liking although wearing masks.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
D dog.....hope your family members only have mild symptoms and recover quickly.
That senario seems to be the way of this current variant for the vast majority
......fingers crossed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to learn that your family have caught this dreadful virus Dustydog.
I hope that they all make a full and speedy recovery.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well boys, many thanks to you all for your kind wishes. Let me say it is not as bad as March 2020. Both are feeling reasonably well. Sneezing, coughing, mild headaches but nothing , so far , life threatening. Hopefully the vaccines have reduced the intensity. But it just goes to show imo we relaxed far too early with protection and masks etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DD I hope you relatives do recover quickly.

We are far from through with C-19, and sadly we can't undiscover it.

It's almost certain that new variant's will arise somewhere around the globe, and due to the world's addiction to international travel they will find their way back to the UK and elsewhere.

We can only hope that the trend continues where we have seen new variants may have been more virulent ( transmissible) but the severity of the infection has been weakened. But its still a potent virus and a serious threat to those at greatest risk.

We will find a way to cope with the ever present risk of C-19, perhaps along the lines of the annual flu jabs, but we are not there yet.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
DD I hope you relatives do recover quickly.

We are far from through with C-19, and sadly we can't undiscover it.

It's almost certain that new variant's will arise somewhere around the globe, and due to the world's addiction to international travel they will find their way back to the UK and elsewhere.

We can only hope that the trend continues where we have seen new variants may have been more virulent ( transmissible) but the severity of the infection has been weakened. But its still a potent virus and a serious threat to those at greatest risk.

We will find a way to cope with the ever present risk of C-19, perhaps along the lines of the annual flu jabs, but we are not there yet.
Thanks Prof. I read last weekend us blue rinsers will now be offered a booster in September. Hopefully to counteract the variants.For me the Jury’s out until at least November. Another lockdown🤔 Who knows

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hope family recovering quickly DD, we have been wanting to get away in the van but things keep blocking us, my thoughts are the same as many, smaller cl/ cs sites, if we go out to eat it is normally in a pub garden, and we avoid big crowds. We are looking forward to boosters and also flu jabs.
Stay safe folks.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well boys, many thanks to you all for your kind wishes. Let me say it is not as bad as March 2020. Both are feeling reasonably well. Sneezing, coughing, mild headaches but nothing , so far , life threatening. Hopefully the vaccines have reduced the intensity. But it just goes to show imo we relaxed far too early with protection and masks etc.
DD We still wear our masks when we go into shops and petrol stations some people don"t , I hope they continue to improve your family ...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
18 months on it is still very difficult who to believe on how best Covid-19 is handled.
World wide there is no real continuity. In my dog brain I don’t understand why England, Wales and Scotland were different🤔.
The following article is very interesting but again just another Boffin’s take.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...ssor-BRENDAN-WREN-Time-Great-Covid-Reset.html
That’s an interesting article thank you. To put things into perspective a friend in Canberra has been invited for a Pfizer jab in November. But his health authority will not countenance Astra Zeneca as he’s a diabetic despite him willing to accept a slight increase in risk. By November we should have had booster jab and flu jabs too.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts