security

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Help wanted here please. I have a Bailey Champagne with rear bathroom, the bathroom wall is adjacent to the outside door which means I cannot fit an extra security lock Like a Fiamma which needs to be drilled right through the wall, if I did that I would drill through the shower wall.
Anybody any ideas, as the lock on the outside door is flimsy to say the least. I do not at the moment feel happy leaving it.
There must be something that other people have used that that I can apply to my own caravan.
Thanks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Could the handle not be fitted on the other side of the door.I know this would be the hinge side in your case but once locked it would still prevent the door being opened.Just a thought

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Never really thought of that, but I would need the large u shape handle, I was thinking more of the small three way lock cannot think of the right name for it, memory going and all that.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Fiamma door lock also comes as a door frame mounted item, where it is screwed into the door frame rather than through the wall.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just thought on.you wouldnt be able to door fully against the van
smiley-frown.gif
Or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiamma-Safe-Door-Frame-Security-Lock-Caravan-Motorhome-/380342889035?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item588e33ea4b

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Although I feel that a security door lock like the one you wish to fit would be a great security deterrent,it is still not going to stop a determined thief from gaining access to any caravan.
Ours was broken into last year in a secure compound where i believe the thieves were looking for certain types of fridges as 6 or 7 of the caravans including ours,had the fridge vents removed and thrown around the compound.
Our caravan door lock was damaged when they tried to get in through the door so in the end,they just tugged on one of the windows which broke 3 of the stays and got in that way.
As a visible deterrent i think a door lock would be an excellent idea,but stop them getting in?......no chance
Adrian

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
GeorgeandAde said:
Although I feel that a security door lock like the one you wish to fit would be a great security deterrent,it is still not going to stop a determined thief from gaining access to any caravan.
Ours was broken into last year in a secure compound where i believe the thieves were looking for certain types of fridges as 6 or 7 of the caravans including ours,had the fridge vents removed and thrown around the compound.
Our caravan door lock was damaged when they tried to get in through the door so in the end,they just tugged on one of the windows which broke 3 of the stays and got in that way.
As a visible deterrent i think a door lock would be an excellent idea,but stop them getting in?......no chance
Adrian
I think in the storage areas ,as you say ,not much point but as an on site deterrent ,certainly better than the original lock

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the door mounted one would be perfect, as I live in Spain I will try to source one here Failing that I will try and get one sent over, I am sure the price here would be double that from e-bay.
I knew I could rely on somebody coming up with a solution.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts