Service due...Remove mattresses etc??

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The ALDE fluid and up to 20kg for gas bottles should be included in the MIRO and are not part of the payload.
It would be wise for the OP to actually check what is included in the MIRO as certainly mine does not include two 10kg gas bottles, but only one 10kg gas bottle, plus steps, water hose, spare wheel, steady winder, electric EHU cable and documentation pack. It does not include battery or any fluids in tanks. But Alde fluid within the heating system would be included. It is defined in my Owners Manual.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This is not true.

Just think if it were true, why do public places have to be wiped down so much. Why are we told to wash our hands so much etc...

The virus will survive on most surfaces but how long does vary. Transmission form surfaces may be low but its not zero.
A recent report by the US CDC gave probabilities of catching Covid given certain transmission paths. Infection from hard surfaces was rated at 1:10000. The report stated that the initial caution in 2020 was understandable but trials have shown that what many investigators identified as coronavirus was in fact coronavirus particles not infective coronavirus. The probability of transmission from softer surfaces such as fabrics was even lower. They also gave probability for airborne open air and enclosed spaces. By far the greatest transmission path was airborne increasing markedly indoors. One conclusion was that businesses, schools etc could reduce the intensity of surface cleaning, and individuals to still practice distancing, masks and hand washing.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think there are a couple of clear reasons why some people insist on the caravanning being emptied. When it goes to a dealers or workshop premises for service, they wont want to take responsibility for personal items that either go, or allegedley go missing. Further to that, when doing damp tests, people often store bedding under beds and that makes things more difficult for the engineer. Same for under some bedboxes where there are very often water or electrical fitments which may need to be accessed. Personally I would sooner the engineer spend time servicing my caravan than shifting items around to get access.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts