Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're off to Sheepcote on Saturday but have heard that some unwanted neighbours have moved onto land close by.....anyone know what the current situation is ???

On a brighter lighter note anyone got any touristy type advice for us during our stay there ?

Thanks

Neil

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Last year the Council decided to create a 14 van Travellers site in part of a former BMX track further up the hill from the Sheepcote Valley CC site.

Whilst the decision was made it was then due to be subject to a consultation process and the planning process. I am not aware of the planning permission having been granted yet but as I live on the other side of the City I am not aware as whether some use has semi officially started in advance of planning. The location is not immediately adjacent to the CC site as the space between them is at least the equivalent of the size of the CC site.

Alun

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
Good fishing off the breakwater at The Marina. Free parking there too, plus a large Asdas and swanky shops and eateries.

There are also the famous Lanes for jewellery etc.

The centre of town is a pleasant cycle ride along the front or not too long a walk

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Parking in Brighton Centre is a nightmare. You'd be much better parking at the Marina and catching the little train along the seafront into the centre unless you're up for a nice flat stroll along the promenade (we would have loved to but our kids think walking is what you do if you haven't got any money!)

The site is down a long lane making it necessary to take the car out most of the time.

Littlehampton is a nice little traditional seaside town and our kids enjoyed Hove Lagoon which has a skatepark, children's playarea, boating lake, putting green and paddling pools all next to each other and all within a stone's throw of the sea.

Have a great time - Sheepcote Valley is a lovely site.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Devils **** beauty spot......on the top of the South Downs with views of Brighton and the Sussex Weald. There is a Pub etc and free parking. Sign posted from the A27 by-pass north of Brighton.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-devilsdyke
Shoreham airport... UK's oldest commercial airport with Art Deco terminal. Step back in time at this small airport.. terraced viewing area and cafe. Sign posted from the A27 by-pass towards Worthing.

http://www.shorehamairport.co.uk/

DJP

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Nice site and lovely surrounding areas. Traffic is a nightmare along the seafront approaching Brighton, especially on Bank-Holiday weekends.

If you are putting up an awning, I suggest you prepare yourself with some hefty ground pegs and a heavy hammer. We were unable to put ours up as the ground on our pitch was like concrete and even with a lump hammer I had no luck, only bent the pegs. I dont suggest all of the pitches are as bad, but screw pegs could be the answer.

DJP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks to all for replies and comments - much appreciated.

All packed up and reday to go early doors in the morning - do they stick to the 12 midday rule for arrivals ?

Neil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have just got home from this little jewel of a site although its not so small.... !!!

The "Travellers" have moved onto the approach into the site. I went out to get a paper a 7.30 this morning and there were justa couple of tents on the grass area to the LHS of the approach road. When we drove out at 11.30 am there was a small encampment set up.

Interesting .... !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts