Sherwood Forest Holiday Park

May 15, 2006
Visit site
We visited the above site for the first time last weekend, ideal for the short stay,only being about one hours drive away. Greeted at reception very warmly and directed very professionally to our alloted pitch. The back of the caravan was only about 6-8ft from a lovely waterway, with the usual bird life in attendance, ie swans, ducks,geese, coots etc, with the occasional peacock strutting their stuff around the site. We were really impressed, and were discussing, having found this haven, how we would be able to visit regularly and enjoy the surroundings.

What a teriffic let down we had when it was time to empty the waste water and chemical toilet. Both were in the same area,behind a wooden screen some 5to6ft high, the floor awash with waste water as the drain was unable to take the water quick enough,(albeit they had supplied a squeege to get your spilt water back down the drain) and because there wasn't a flush after having emptied the toilet, the smell was to say the least revolting.

What a terrible shame such a lovely site is spoilt with these awful "amenities". It has certainly put us off going again.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Norman I posted the same comments about 2 years ago.

The site is only about two miles from where I was brought up and where my mother still lives so is handy for visiting.

I was hoping they had done something about the disposal facilities by now because they must be raking the money in.

As you say, peaceful, no traffic noise, nice walks but what a *%!@* let down. If I recall rightly, it was a balancing act trying to empty the wastemaster unless I was tipping it where the toilet should be emptied, not noticing where the grey water should go :O(

We are going again in October for 9 days and I will mention it because the site fees are expensive enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts