Shock absorbers or not

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi does anyone have any views on whether shocks on a caravan have any value with regards to stability (ie) could they help

to reduce snaking ,, I would be interested to hear what you have to say,, R.J

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
In theory yes they should, as they work in the same way as car shock absorbers, if a cars shock absorbers become defective you get a very unstable and bouncy ride. When they work correctly you get a smooth controled ride, the same should apply to caravans.

I don't have them fitted to my van at the moment but I am seriously considering it, at around

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Shock absorbers are most definitely a good investment. Just as Steve and Ruth say, they improve the ride and hence also the stability of the outfit. In fact, in Germany, you are allowed 100kph (62mph) with shock absorbers fitted but only 80kph (50mph) without (subject to a couple of other conditions being met, too).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank's for your comments I think I will get some fitted just as an added safety measure It will be cheaper than changing my caravan which I am not very happy with in regards to handling

I have been told that it can be a problem if you have a motor mover fitted . Thanks again R J

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank's for your comments I think I will get some fitted just as an added safety measure It will be cheaper than changing my caravan which I am not very happy with in regards to handling

I have been told that it can be a problem if you have a motor mover fitted . Thanks again R J
I am looking at fitting shock absorbers to my 2004 Bailey 460/2 but have fitted a powertouch mover and it looks a close thing, anyone out there done this?.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John E,

I have fitted Powrtouch to my van which has shocks but when I ordered the mover I was asked to provide quite a few measurements of the area around the wheels, shocks & chassis.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John E,

I have fitted Powrtouch to my van which has shocks but when I ordered the mover I was asked to provide quite a few measurements of the area around the wheels, shocks & chassis.
Thanks for that Rod, is your Powertouch fitted to a single axle AL-KO chassis in front of the wheels with AL-Ko Octagon shocks, do they fit very close to the mover?.

TRENDING THREADS