Shogun

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Daventura

You really must take the time to read what is actually there, not what your corrupted synapses fill in for you along your way.

I didn't say that 80% would support 4x4's - if youy take the time to actually read what is written in the post it says that I believe that 80% of the population would not give a stuff who tows whatever with what.

Now I now how you guys end up thinking as you do!

You read into things whatever you want to read!!!

What a convenient way of looking at things

A little more attention to detail - A little less opinion please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan - are you out there - I blame you for all this!!

How dare you ask such a contentious question

I hope you are proud of yourself!!!

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Within all the points of view expressed, no one has considered why there is an "anti 4x4" sell of opnion. After all, as far as I know, there is no anti Mini, anti bicycle, anti Ford feeling. So what is it about these vehicles that irritates people?

I suspect that it has to do with the size and bulk of them that is intimidating to drivers of smaller cars, particularly if driven assertively. This also gives rise to the perception of 'clogging up' the school run roads

And here we have the crux-perception. The 4x4 drivers can put forward all the technical arguments they wish, but the anti feelings will remain until perceptions of these vehicles being inappropriate for our roads are changed. This type of transport looks set to get bigger still, with the increasing popularity of American style single and double cab picks ups.

Perhaps the arguments will intensify too?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ask ex policeman Billy,Im sure he won't have trouble finding out!
I missed this! Paul and Ruth I am the one and only CK and if anyone so dares as to impersonate me there will be trouble to pay!

A message to daventura please get off your high horse about 4x4's and leave it to me will ya!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's only because no-one's having a pop at you Captain. You're feeling all left out.

Once this thread is all burnt out, we've got adult only sites, dogs and windbreaks to cover.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian ........... A yorkie!! thats not much of a dog for a Bloke
Captain Kangaroo

8 Jul 2005 07:16 AM Brian ........... A yorkie!! thats not much of a Bloke for a dog

could have been worse the other way round!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's only because no-one's having a pop at you Captain. You're feeling all left out.

Once this thread is all burnt out, we've got adult only sites, dogs and windbreaks to cover.
what about "greasing your drawbar" that should be interesting!

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi newbys and anyone else, wondered what all the fuss is about Clive, kanga and stinky? Then read this topic and make up your own mind who is the key protagonist to all the fuss, I know I have and its the one who has posted the most conceited replies. This topic should be preserved for posterity its so funny!

Sep 9, 2005
Visit site
God you antis just can't leave it alone can you!

Given the choice if I had to choose yes I would like to be hit by a vehicle with the softest surface. But cars of all type are generaly soft on the inside not on the outside.

Daventura - All I said was I enjoyed the greater visibility - I made no inference re safety in my postings at all. You read what I said and once again because you anti's cannot stand to see anyone supporting 4x4's immedately assumed I had said something I did not.

What is the diference then between a Fiat Panda 4x4 and a Chrysler Voyager? One is a 4x4 and the other a large people carrier that only has drive to 2 of its wheels but that makes it better obviously.

My Freelander (yes I have two 4x4's on my drive so expect to be classified as part of the Anti Christ movement by you good people and have a burning cross stuck on my lawn any day now) has plastic deformable wings and "soft" deformable plastic bumpers. I recon it is as pedestrian safe as anything else. But lets not forget - a good driver and a responcible pedestrian should never meet - I know they do and when it does it is a tragedy. But it is one that can be avoided by being a good driver ( and one that can see as much as possible hence my support for tall cars 4x4 or whatever) - the type of vehicle matters little if you have an incompetant idiot behind the wheel.

As for Capt Kanga input the last couple of words accuratly describes his circumstances.

Heaven sake children - grow up - get a life - get out more and stop being so jealous of people like me because my toys are bigger tha yours.

LOL
I totally agree with Clive as I also own a Land Rover Defender 110 which is definitely not pedestrian friendly.....

I don't want damage from somebody who cant be bothered to cross the road properly.

I also own a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5 Diesel with which I tow an Ifor Williams's 3.5 tonne loaded trailer for for several months with for no issues what so ever. As well as the Rice two Horse trailer 2.5 tonne when loaded In fact it pulls better than some of the Artics I used to drive.

Bozzie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts