site near harwich

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Catching the 9 am ferry so need a stopover near harwich for Friday night. Not too far from Harwich (despise getting up early) and enroute from Derbyshire. Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance
mel

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mel If you are struggling as Im not sure of Campsite in Harwich you could try Peewit Caravan Park in Felixstowe but its quite a journey.Im sure there will be somewhere nearer but this was a last resort.
Sir Roger

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mel
We're from Derbyshire too, and stopped at the c&cc site at Polstead. It's about 45 mins to Harwich via Colchester on good roads. We did it on a Sunday morning when the ferry leaves a little later, so you would need to check site gate opening times v. arrival time at Harwich, but Polstead a good site. We've also used a CL even closer to Harwich, about 10 mins. OK for 1 night.Depends what you fancy.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I'll follow these up. OH seems to think that it would be a good plan to drive through the night then get the ferry then drive through the netherlands then pitch the van and then put the awning up. "I'll sleep on the ferry" he said. No, he won't; I've played this game before. He will be grumpy and bad tempered for days and we are only there for a week! I'll book somewhere and tell him.
Thanks again
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts