Sites near Looe

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking to travel to Looe with the van this year - has anyone been any where they would recommend? Ideally a radius of Miles around Looe.

Any difficulties with travelling with the Van there, I remember form being a child on holiday it was very hilly and narrow in places, but not been for about 20 years, and not towing a van!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We haven't taken our van there but often go there, stick to the main roads, do NOT use the little roads.I shall follow your threads for sites though.
Enjoy.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Depends what you want from a site. Tregoad has an indoor pool, bar and restaurant and lays on entertainment during the summer as does Tencreek, we have used both in the past. But our favourite is the Caravan Club site, outdoor heated pool, good play area for the kids and if you are lucky some of the pitches have sea views.
This is a local site for us. I am also a bus driver on the local routes so I don't find the drive in from Trerulefoot to bad.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Devonboy said:
Depends what you want from a site. Tregoad has an indoor pool, bar and restaurant and lays on entertainment during the summer as does Tencreek, we have used both in the past. But our favourite is the Caravan Club site, outdoor heated pool, good play area for the kids and if you are lucky some of the pitches have sea views.
This is a local site for us. I am also a bus driver on the local routes so I don't find the drive in from Trerulefoot to bad.

Hope to be at the CC site at Looe next year, is your local bus service any good because I don't want to be paying for a Taxi back from Plymouth which is £80.00 to a £100.00 after I've been down what's left of Union street,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Pit, I hope you have your decimal points wrong. £80.00. Being an old Fxxrt, I get free bus travel with my pass. But love the Pasties in the middle of Looe.
Last time down there, Car 4 days new, and smelling of 25 Patsties to go home with.
Lovely.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
pitpony said:
Devonboy said:

Hope to be at the CC site at Looe next year, is your local bus service any good because I don't want to be paying for a Taxi back from Plymouth which is £80.00 to a £100.00 after I've been down what's left of Union street,
Yes regular service at the entrance to the site, last bus back from Plymouth is about 18.30.
You'll be very disappointed with Union street it's a very run down s...hole, nearly all the night life has moved down towards the Barbican. A lot of regeneration going on at the moment around Millbay area ( Ferry Port) with plans to remove some of Union Street to give direct access to the new marina. Personally I would bulldoze the lot and half the city centre too :lol:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Pit, I hope you have your decimal points wrong. £80.00. Being an old Fxxrt, I get free bus travel with my pass. But love the Pasties in the middle of Looe.
Last time down there, Car 4 days new, and smelling of 25 Patsties to go home with.
Lovely.

Hutch, Like you we have our bus passes and they are well used when we are away, I was looking at a local web site giving travel by train, bus and taxi and it stated the above which is well above what we pay round here in LE1, how long did it take to get through the 25 pasties, :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
First six on thenway home to Milton Keynes, then 4 to each son, last ones frozen and reheated at a Pastie party the next weekend with Baked Beans . ☺

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
First six on thenway home to Milton Keynes, then 4 to each son, last ones frozen and reheated at a Pastie party the next weekend with Baked Beans . ☺
HEATHEN, Oggys should be eaten with brown sauce :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Salutation Inn , on Fore street, now sell Propper Oggies, with Brown sauce, fornat least the last 4 years. Propper Job. . ☺

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Pitpony, It's a lovely part of our great countrys , England Scotland And Wales, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do, but be warned, the hedges are only 1 inch thick and then it solid wall. , sometimes an insurance claim.

Sorry folks forgot to includ the Emerald Isle.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Pitpony, It's a lovely part of our great countrys , England Scotland And Wales, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do, but be warned, the hedges are only 1 inch thick and then it solid wall. , sometimes an insurance claim.

Sorry folks forgot to includ the Emerald Isle.

I know what you mean I delivered joinery all over Cornwall in another life, try getting to Cornworthy with a 38 tonner, nightmare especially when you meet a caravanner who can't reverse, :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So true, I am glad that I am one of the many that can reverse my caravan, , mind you not alway when people are watching.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
If you do settle on Looe head over to Polruan lovely little beach at Lantic bay, bit of a walk down to it but worthwhile. Also a drive along cliff road at Whitsand Bay should not be missed the views are fantastic. Cawsands and the quay at Cremyl worth a look.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Stayed at West Wayland, halfway between Looe and Polperro a couple of times, nice site, 1/2 mile walk down a lane to Talland Bay, bus stops just outside the park and a fish & chip shop just inside the gate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts