Sites open for new year a couple of hours from west yorkshire

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
We are wanting to book new year away but can't seem to find a site with a PUB on. we don't want to travel too far, just a couple of hours away, please help! as many recommendations as possible thanks, yorkie puds x

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I deleted Johns post. I accept that he may have been helping forum members but the post amounted to an advert for his site.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
I think the post removed, would be the one saying Plassey would be open over the New Year. Looks like it was deleted due to advertising. The mind boggles at the censorship, still you need to pay to advertise !!!!!!!!!

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Just a question was that a moderators I decided or was it a policy of Practical Caravan ????

Would be nice to know because it's very close to " what do you think of so & so site in the Vendee"

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Parksy

Look at this

Camping La Nautique at Narbonne in the south of france not far from the spanish border is a superb site where each pitch has its own private facilities ( shower toilet electric and hot and cold water). Next to a lake good for wind serfing. Good weather and quiet compared to sites and towns arround Nice & Antibes. We have been for the last 3 years and will be going next year as well ( my wife loves the private facilities. Go to their website and take a look.

Delete this one it's the same thing ????

on overseas section

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Parksy OOOps

Name Location and Telephone Touring / Tent Pitches Pitch fees (min - max) Homes (owned / for rent) Tourist Board Rating User Rating More Info

/ / /

Looks like they paid to advertise on the front page !!!!!!!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
For those that haven't read them here is a copy of forum etiquette:

You are responsible for all statements made through the use of your membership and none of these may breach the following rules:

You may not transmit any material that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or sexually explicit.

You may not transmit intentionally false, misleading or fraudulent information.

You may not transmit material that discloses personal matters concerning any person or that is defamatory.

You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.

You may not transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit.

You may not transmit any advertising or promotional material.

You may not transmit any files that contain viruses or corrupted files.

Your login email address must be active and verifiable.

Multiple user names are not allowed. If a member is found to have multiple user names they will be deleted.

Please do not type messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS as on internet forums this is considered to be shouting and therefore bad manners.

Practicalcaravan.com reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through our forums. We may at any time and without warning block any post or terminate your membership for violating our rules.

Practicalcaravan.com takes no responsibility for the accuracy of information transmitted in this forum. The opinions expressed in the forum are not those of Practicalcaravan.com or Haymarket Publishing Limited.

If you feel that another forum user had contravened one of the above rules, please email the moderator quoting the name of the Forum (General, UK Parks etc), the message Subject, and the offending message itself.

Privacy Policy

To see our full privacy policy please click here .

I think the post removed, would be the one saying Plassey would be open over the New Year. Looks like it was deleted due to advertising. The mind boggles at the censorship, still you need to pay to advertise !!!!!!!!!
Yes, well spotted......my post was deleted!! OK, so I am telling people about New Years Eve......but in my defence I am only responding to a (potential) customer's general enquiry. This is called "being helpful". Sorry if I've offended the Moderator.

If anyone else is interested, please give us a call.....but I won't tell you were I am, only that its a park in North Wales, near to Wrexham. You can work out which one I am from Gumdo's earlier post!!

All the best, and happy holidays....John

Parksy,

I've just read the "Copy of Forum Etiquette" that you posted.....

All I was doing was suggesting to a customer that they could come to my park for New Years Eve. Running a 5 Star Quality Park, customer service is VERY important, so by spotting a Forum subject that I could help a customer on, this was me being helpful.

And the alternative?

Did you want me to a) Ignore the customer or b) Suggest to them a park that has a New Year Eve party.....then "without advertising", give lots of clues to the idenity of the park without displaying the name?!?!?!

And as for advertising, yes I spend plenty with Practical Caravan - infact it was

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello John

After I had deleted your post Yorkie Puds asked which post was deleted and why.

I attempted to briefly offer an explanation in which I mentioned that you were being helpful to forum members but the actual wording of the post, complete with telephone number etc did amount to an actual advert which I'm sorry to say isn't alowed under the terms of forum etiquette.

I had in fact left your post on the forum for some time and I did not delete it until approximately 7.40 p.m. on 3rd September which is two full days after it first appeared on the forum. This would hopefully have given those interested chance to see and copy the details that you provided. I did this in an attempt to be flexible and to treat your post in the spirit in which I'm sure that it was meant.

I know that on the post it is written 1st Sept. 3.46pm but that is the time that you posted and not the time that I deleted.

As a matter of fact I or my fellow Moderators have no contact with PCv advertising team and are not actually employed by Haymarket or anyone else in regard of this forum. We're caravanners who voluntarily undertake the task of Moderating so that this forum can operate.

While I personally applaud the fact that you invest a considerable amount of money into a 'hobby' that I and other forum members share surely you will concede that even if I had been aware of this fact I would be entering very murky waters indeed if I or my colleagues allowed this to influence any decision that we may take for good or for ill.

Had your post contained simply the name of your park and pointed interested members in the direction of your advertising material or simply given an email address so that further details could be obtained I would have let your post stand provided that it drew no adverse criticism from forum members.

Your post actually took the form of an advert,I accept that this was probably unintentional on your part.

If I'd have let it go then I'd have been forced to let other 'advertising' posts go by those who are perhaps not as scrupulous as yourself. The precedent would be well and truly set and then this forum would have come under fire from members who object to advertisers breaking the rules.

After the deletion another member criticised my decision and also accused me of inconsistency.

In doing this he re posted the details that I'd already deleted which I then had to edit.

This is why I copied and pasted forum etiquette into this thread.

I could have gone into long explanations for my actions although I'm not obliged to do so. I had already dealt with a similar situation on another thread

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=6&FM=414947
so rather than repeat it all I simply pasted the rules for all to see to save further dispute and argument.

I can't pretend that every decision that I make as a forum Moderator is the correct one but I have to 'play it as I see it' with a straight bat and apply the rules of the forum in so far as I'm able to all members of this forum.

There is absolutely no reason why your later post would not stay on the forum because it doesn't break any forum rules.

No Moderator of this forum would delete or alter a post just because it contained criticism of us and in fact I'm always happy to attempt to give reasons behind any decision that I make so your points are most welcome.

Regards

Parksy

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
John Brookshaw, We used to use your site in the late 70s when it was run by a Tony Brookshaw,we stopped using it be cause in wet weather it became a mud bath. It was quite expensive with not enough facillities. We were in your area at easter and paid a visit,it was a mud bath and very expensive. We were staying on a site about 8 miles from you for

Hi J.Lo,

Sorry to read you did not enjoy visiting my park at Easter, and reading your other negative views i.e. price, the mud and facilites.......

I do take pride in my park, and have good facilites that offer my customers a great holiday here. The park (which was run by my father Tony Brookshaw up until 1992 when I took over) has in the last 4 years re-invested over

Hello John

After I had deleted your post Yorkie Puds asked which post was deleted and why.

I attempted to briefly offer an explanation in which I mentioned that you were being helpful to forum members but the actual wording of the post, complete with telephone number etc did amount to an actual advert which I'm sorry to say isn't alowed under the terms of forum etiquette.

I had in fact left your post on the forum for some time and I did not delete it until approximately 7.40 p.m. on 3rd September which is two full days after it first appeared on the forum. This would hopefully have given those interested chance to see and copy the details that you provided. I did this in an attempt to be flexible and to treat your post in the spirit in which I'm sure that it was meant.

I know that on the post it is written 1st Sept. 3.46pm but that is the time that you posted and not the time that I deleted.

As a matter of fact I or my fellow Moderators have no contact with PCv advertising team and are not actually employed by Haymarket or anyone else in regard of this forum. We're caravanners who voluntarily undertake the task of Moderating so that this forum can operate.

While I personally applaud the fact that you invest a considerable amount of money into a 'hobby' that I and other forum members share surely you will concede that even if I had been aware of this fact I would be entering very murky waters indeed if I or my colleagues allowed this to influence any decision that we may take for good or for ill.

Had your post contained simply the name of your park and pointed interested members in the direction of your advertising material or simply given an email address so that further details could be obtained I would have let your post stand provided that it drew no adverse criticism from forum members.

Your post actually took the form of an advert,I accept that this was probably unintentional on your part.

If I'd have let it go then I'd have been forced to let other 'advertising' posts go by those who are perhaps not as scrupulous as yourself. The precedent would be well and truly set and then this forum would have come under fire from members who object to advertisers breaking the rules.

After the deletion another member criticised my decision and also accused me of inconsistency.

In doing this he re posted the details that I'd already deleted which I then had to edit.

This is why I copied and pasted forum etiquette into this thread.

I could have gone into long explanations for my actions although I'm not obliged to do so. I had already dealt with a similar situation on another thread

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=6&FM=414947
so rather than repeat it all I simply pasted the rules for all to see to save further dispute and argument.

I can't pretend that every decision that I make as a forum Moderator is the correct one but I have to 'play it as I see it' with a straight bat and apply the rules of the forum in so far as I'm able to all members of this forum.

There is absolutely no reason why your later post would not stay on the forum because it doesn't break any forum rules.

No Moderator of this forum would delete or alter a post just because it contained criticism of us and in fact I'm always happy to attempt to give reasons behind any decision that I make so your points are most welcome.

Regards

Parksy
Hello Parksy,

Yes, I will note you comments for future....

I fully understand your role :- in future I will give a more moderated version that cannot been seen as an "advert".

Perhaps in hindsight this whole saga should have been:

a) Me giving less of a "full on" description of what we are doing for New Years Eve.

b) You being more constructive - by editing down my "advert" to a simpler reference with basic details (rather than a "POST DELETED").

All the best,

John Brookshaw

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
SORRY GUYS BUT PLEASE GIVE POOR JOHN A BREAK, HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO REPLY TO MY POST, AT LEAST HE HAD THE TIME TO GET BACK TO ME. LEAVE HIM ALONE I AM SURE IF HIS SITE WAS A LITTLE CLOSER TO US WE WOULD DEFINATELY PAY HIM A VISIT. THERE I'M DONE......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts