Sites with cycling nearby

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Have just returned from a great week at Pembrey cc site. We took bikes for first time. The whole family enjoyed it including our child with autistic spectrum disorder.
We have decided we'd like to stop on other sites with cycling nearby, preferably not on roads. We are cc members and know about Pembrey and Clumber Park. We are not limited to cc sites.

Any suggestions most welcome. Many thanks in advance
Anne

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
CC site at Ferry Meadows, Peterborough, is in a large country park with plenty of cycling space. You can even ride into the city on a near-flat cycle track.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
not on site but the walks are brill must admit the gliders are great to watch and we sleept in every morning due to the lack off noise bit slobby i know but hay on holiday must visit west bay and beer lovley and small fishing villages .

MRE

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Ferry Meadows Caravan Club site is very good base for bike rides in and around the area. Site itself is caters for most peoples requirements. However beware of the Wardens they seem to be very Jobsworth and appear to seek out any oportunity to point out the rules and take great pleasure in enforcing them and beyound ! I even heard one say to a visitor that they hate the school holidays when children are on the site ! I have never known a CC site where the wardens are so obnoxious.

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the received the same lack of welcome as MRE did when I stayed at Ferry Meadows during the winter. but I have had the same thing at a few other CC sites so I would not single out Ferry Meadows which is great for cycling and Peterborough must be one of the best cities for cycle paths.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, will look them up. Have stopped on cc sites before with wardens who were 'jobsworth' including Longleat once cc but mainly had very nice wardens on sites, those at Pembrey are lovely and very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts