sites with fishing

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
hi folks looking for sites with on site fishing in france , don't care which region , 3 weeks in august with no rod in my hand just drives me nuts....hasbo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm assuming you are referring to coarse fishing? (I'm a fly fisherman!). If so I can recommend Camping Etang des Haizes at La Haye de Puit in Normandy. This site which is approx 40 miles south of Cherbourg on the peninsula has an on site lake which, I am told, holds a good head of carp etc. During our 2 visits it was very popular with fellow Brits wetting a line. With he re-introduction of the Brittany Ferries route from Poole to Cherbourg you can be on site and fishing within the hour. the site is located in an orchard, has all the usual amenities and accepts Camping Cheques from 01 April to2 July 2011 and 26 Aug to 09 Oct 2011. The web site is found at www.campingetangdeshaizes.com The owner, Patrice, speaks excellent English and is most welcoming.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been to dozens of sites in France with fishing but not in August unfortunately which may be completely different to what you find in May/June or September. Usually (and unbelievably) the fishing is free and very often I have the whole of the fishing to myself, I've only been charged twice and that was on British owned sites, (but maybe the French charge in August). Avoid rivers and river fed lakes unless you want to pay for a French fishing licence, approx 30 euros for 2 weeks I think.
Some good ones :-
Chateau de Chigy near Luzy, Burgundy (ACSI) - Several huge lake, up to 25 acres, planty of carp. Was the only fisherman there!
Vielle Chene near Dol de Bretagne, Brittany. Loaded with carp, choice of lakes.
De L'Etang near Brissac Quince, Loire. Smallish lake, restricted fishing pegs, superb fishing if you can avoid the small catfish.
It is hard to find bad ones however, even sites that don't advertise fishing often have small lakes crammed with starving fish.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i am an all round angler , i have caught most species that swim in our waters on a Fly outfit ,including a sea Bass of 10Lb , but if i was going to France it would be to Soleil Plage near Sarlat on the banks of the River Dordogne , best to fish in the evening ,it gets very busy during the day with conoes and swimmers , the water is crystal clear , but good for barbel and carp fishing

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree.Soleil Plage is excellent if you pick your times to avoid swimmers.We snorkelled down the stretch alongside the site and saw Barbel in a hollow in the river bed - there were about 20 of them all around 20 lb +. A gorgeous area too.I suggest you do the same to find the hollow and cast there.
Up North there is good carp fishing at Lez Eaux.Its a lovely site in an interesting area.Not bid fish but plentiful and easy fishing.

Tight lines.

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the quick replies , i have fished at a few of the sites mentioned above & i will look into visiting the other sites but please keep them coming....hasbo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts