Size of dish - advice and help

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Used a 39cm dish at Lacanau, just west of Bordeaux recently with excellent results despite awful weather. Using a Maplin (Comag) SCART receiver so not Sky but as I understand it's all the same satellite (Astra 29E?)so perhaps not a problem.

Martin

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It varies with the atmospheric conditions, whether a solid dish or perforated, dish shape and type together with the quality of the LNB and indeed the decoder.

The normal guidance will be that you need a 60cm solid dish to be confident in all conditions.

I have compromised to minimise bulk weight etc and gone for a solid 54CM Triax. The previous Maplins suitcase job [about 40CM ] failed as often as not this far down to the point of irritation so I am hoping the new Triax will tip the balance; will know next week.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i used a standard skye dish with a standard LNB and a standard skye reciever , in Carlucet in the Dordogne region of France last year , and picked up all the channels that i get at home ,in fact my wifes cousin lives there and thats all they use .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts