Skegness Sands CC site

Jul 19, 2007
Visit site
This looks very appealing from the club book and website and would appreciate any comments. I have a 6 year old daughter so am looking for a child friendly place, access to traditional 'bucket and spade' type activities, easy access to Skeggy and quiet during the evenings. What do you think?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was stopping in the area so went and had a look at the site. To be honest I wasn't impressed with the area it was in. I got the impression it was in a industrial location with a big old block of offices. The sea wall is by the site so it's close to the beach which I never had a look at. What I recall from when a child was the mudflats when the tide was out and it was a clay mud. That was many years ago. The view is of miles of statics with the entertainment type parks thrown in.

Maybe someone who has stayed there could say if it's quiet but I wouldn't think so.

Don't let me put you off because I have seen posts in the past saying its ok.

I also checked out Hawthorn Farm at Sutton on Sea and this was a quiet site.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hiya, lord b is correct. the sea at the lincolnshire coast is very mucky the sand is okay but you do get patches of oil in it and its very windy. i wouldnt stay at ingomells or skegness because its just static van city and very noisy.

we stayed at hawthorne farm, sutton on sea. very nice site between mablethorpe and ingomells. nice chippy in sutton village and you can park and get to the beach from sutton its not as busy as skeggie or ingomells.

i wouldnt go back now as ive done that area till the death. i wouldnt go for longer than a week as theres not that much for kids to do apart from the fairs, crazy golf, seal sanctuary so you need rather large pockets because they wont be entertained on the beach for long.

sorry to disapoint you im just being honest.

a member on here david has his own webpage and its great its www.caravantravels.co.uk.

jo-anne

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
i wouldn`t go near Skeggy Sands, but that might just be me.

Agree entirely with L.B and Jo-anne, Hawthorn Farm is far nicer if you`re going to that area, and theres easy access to parking and a massive beach on the minor coast road between

Sandilands and Chapel St Leonards.

There also used to be some really good looking CL`s down this road (so adjacent to the dunes then beach) but I don`t know what facilities they offer.

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
I don't know the site, but would agree with others here - the only place which I'd consider staying at in this area is Hawthorn Farm - a lovely site (we've stayed twice recently), in the best bit of the Lincolnshire coast - i.e. away from slot machines, endless burger outlets and statics. Sutton on Sea is really nice and unspoilt - everywhere else is as described above, and many bits, especially around Mablethorpe are plain tatty and run down.

Jul 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Guess you've made my mind up for me! Did look too good to be true but I've never been disappointed by club sites so thought I might be on to a winner here.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
"i.e. away from slot machines, endless burger outlets and statics".

You hit the nail on the head Andy. My idea of an holiday in Hell :O) I haven't stopped there but I would think late night drunkeness would also be a problem, not on site, but the surrounding area.

The site itself is OK Phoenix, it's the immediate surrounding area that's crap.

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
hi,we have stopped at this site many times and we love it, its so well kept and residential and its got sea views,and certainly no noise or trouble,our little granddaughter loves it,you get a key to open the gate and your on the beach, take a look at it, you will not be disappionted

TRENDING THREADS