Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can use your viewing card with any decoder however you wont be able to view preium channels like movies, sports, and itv2. You will need 1 decoder, 1 remote control, viewing card, satelite dish, LNB, Sat Cable Minimum of 6 metres but i would get as much as you can 10m would be best so you can position anywhere you like, Tripod available from caravan dealers or [link]http://www.omnisat.co.uk[/link] satelite finder, compass will be helpful in finding the signal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was under the impression that as john says you can only use the Sky card in the box from home that its matched to.Sky informed me that it was illegal to have it matched to two boxes unless you paid the multi room price.Having said that my friends WILL work by sheer fluke in his two boxes.I know that mine won't as I tried it in my spare box.All you can get are the free channels that work without the card anyway.

Ill eagle it makes you sick as a parrot----sorry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow with a 2003 Passat (130 Tdi). When reversing the clutch smells terrible as if it is burning. I have experienced this on previous cars but only if reversing up a gradient, but this occurs even when reversing on the flat. Dealer says nothing is wrong and smell is normal (what a surprise!!!!). Has anyone else experienced this? The car has only done 8k and I don't want to have to fit a new clutch when warranty expires, if there is a fault I would prefer to have it rectified now.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, No you cant have 1 viewing card matched to 2 boxes but your card should work in another box but preium channels wont. I know this as i have sky in my caravan. I brought another box & dish of auction site and installed it in my van. I asked sky and their response was if i have had my digibox for more than 1 year it was mine to do with as i please including card. So that is what i have done. With your card not working in your spare box has it got the latest software down loaded? It will be in services in system details. It should be 3.2.11 At first my card wouldnt work but when i downloaded new software from sky via dish it worked fine.

As for sky saying it was illegal if you spoke to someone in the india call centre they would. Im am not being predjudice but they gave me false information stating i could not take my box into my van after receiving an email stating that i could i wanted to ask another question so thought it easier to phone them. I phoned the edingbrough call centre afterwards and they gave me the correct advice as posted above.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have found that website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/#intro will answer any question or query that you will ever have about satellite tv in a caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My card will work in more than one box. I have two boxes and one card,one box I keep at home the other I take to Spain in the van: card works, no probs.It will also work in my sons box.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The thing about these forums is that you can learn from the helpful people even when you think you already know the answer! I have discovered through Q & A on this site that my card WILL work in another box but not for Premium channels.As I have a spare digi box it is nice to know that although HRH will not be able to watch football if the main box fails we will still get Corrie.....Yippee and THANKS !!

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
I tow with a 2003 Passat (130 Tdi). When reversing the clutch smells terrible as if it is burning. I have experienced this on previous cars but only if reversing up a gradient, but this occurs even when reversing on the flat. Dealer says nothing is wrong and smell is normal (what a surprise!!!!). Has anyone else experienced this? The car has only done 8k and I don't want to have to fit a new clutch when warranty expires, if there is a fault I would prefer to have it rectified now.

Thanks
We have also a Passat estate 1.9 TDI (PS 130) and have had the same problems. Reversing the van on a gentle slope = bad smell, reversing van up more that a gentle slope and/or soft ground = bad smell & clouds of smoke. Only did that once, not doing it again. Now we avoid reversing unless on the flat. Guess its a design issue with these cars, not that the manufacturer would ever admit it. I wonder what the new model is like, anyone towed with one yet? Appart from the reversing issue we love our Passat, especially in its highline trim!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts