Slam door van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have to really slam our van door (2004 Abbey) to get it to shut properly, if you do it gently is does engage the lock but is not actually shut properly. We were told by the dealer this is normal...is it? Don't seem to hear anyone else doing this on site?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Paul and ruth

Have obviously not been to the same site yet ! if so you would also have heard me slamming my door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(lunar zenith !)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul and Ruth, our Abbey also has to have quite considerable force to shut it fully, but that is just the seal being compressed, which is a good thing. I have found that once the door is shut on its first catch, a hard press with the heel of your hand on the door by the catch is enough to lock it in fully.From inside, just a thumb against the frame, and a sharp pull on the handle does the same

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi

We have a 2004 Abbey which had the same problem. I lubricated the door lock with a little silicone based spray (i did all the locks & catches actually) and this made a tremendous difference. We only need to slam the door for different reasons now!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have a 2004 Abbey which had the same problem. I lubricated the door lock with a little silicone based spray (i did all the locks & catches actually) and this made a tremendous difference. We only need to slam the door for different reasons now!!
Ha ha, like it, that's what was worrying me, all my neighbours thinking I was in a strop everytime I slammed the door! I will try lubricating..cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts