SNOW - Yes or No?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you didn't have the hassle of driving in it or whatever, do you like to see some snow on the ground in winter?

Me - I LOVE IT!!!

Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget your winter woolies Alan.

Here in the West Midlands there a a few flakes just starting now but it's freezing cold and the clouds look full of snow.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
bring it on , a good downfall of snow that is knee deep and lasts for days and days.

My lad (he's 3 1/2) has only seen it snow on 3 or 4 days in his whole life and has only had one chance to actually play in it , all be it briefly , before it washed away or melted. Everytime it does snow he thinks its christmas.

"let it snow , let it snow let it snow snow snow"

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, it's been snowing here all day today too. It's just the powdery small stuff..... but who knows, we might get snowed in tonight.

Roger, I hope your son gets plenty of snow this time.

Lisa

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
snow snow snow snow snow.....its ace...weve got loads in wakefield...the dogs have been out in it for 4 hours now...the younger old english sheepdog is still trying to build the snowman...she is constantly pushing the snow round with her nose....im 45 and loving the snow...and seen as hubby has taken my car (4x4)to get to work, cos his van is useless, i will have to go help the dogs with the snowman.snow snow snow...more please...

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, most unusually we have snow on the Isle of Wight.

I cannot remember the last time we had any!!apart from a very small amount which lasted about 2 hours.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
ed

Might be fun for you but we have livestock that needs feeding and water. the sooner it goes the better. yes the fields do look great but I would rather see them green with grass.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
ed

Might be fun for you but we have livestock that needs feeding and water. the sooner it goes the better. yes the fields do look great but I would rather see them green with grass.
hello david, i can understand your concern for your livestock...but dont take away the bit of fun we are having...it should be gone in a few days...so you will probably have what you prefer...and mine...ill have to wait another 10 years...regards edwina

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
HI WHAT SNOW !! its trying to down here in the valley,s but nothing yet, hope its not a lot first rallie on the wknd .

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Well, most unusually we have snow on the Isle of Wight.

I cannot remember the last time we had any!!apart from a very small amount which lasted about 2 hours.
yeh snow is great, but as usual here hardly any roads have been gritted.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The lunch time news bulletins made me smile.

The newsreaders get into disaster mode and read the items about the snow which took up the greater part of the programmes in tones normally reserved for declarations of war or presidential asassinations.To fill up the programme even more they've taken to interviewing each other, still anything that shuts the global warming nazis up has to be good.

Basically all they're saying in the news is that it's been snowing! I notice that to make things seem worse they annonce the depth of snow in centimeters i.e. ' Ten centimeters of snow fell overnight!!!'

It sounds a bit better than four inches, as though there's more of it.

Hmm - that's just given me an idea but I won't go into it here! ;0)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Snow is great on Christmas cards - although we have had a few flakes - Bridgend at present is cold but bright sunshine - God looks after the rightous - that is all I will say LOL

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Still keeping with the snow thread and comment about broadcasters talking like its disaster time. Schools never closed, workers were told you should have left earlier to get here,stories of hgv drivers lighting fires under engines to get diesel going and so on.Welcome to wimp world.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts