Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
We have snow here in Swansea south Wales this morning only about an inch deep ,but its frozen even the parts that are in the sunshine are not melting ,any body else got some

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Aye got the same up in the valleys and more to come....same old thing though gritters gone to ground they closed part of the A 470 (Abercynon to Pontypridd) to grit road the gritting depot right next to road must have slept on night shift I sppose

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Same in Merthyr-Tydfil about an inch or so, melting away, good news because we seem to have run out of road salt in the area. I'm looking forward to the hose-pipe ban.

Take care Butt.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Same in Merthyr-Tydfil about an inch or so, melting away, good news because we seem to have run out of road salt in the area. I'm looking forward to the hose-pipe ban.

Take care Butt.
Bob I just can't wait to get the hose pipe out and get van cleaned then I will be off hopefully.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sleet in Hereford and by 6pm it had frozen. It's thawed now except for the shadows. There's actually some warmth in the sun, I can see the steam rising off the garage roof and fences.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site

Take care Butt.
I cant see there being a hosepipe in Swansea ,it never seems to stop raining , i have water butts overflowing with water

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Aye got the same up in the valleys and more to come....same old thing though gritters gone to ground they closed part of the A 470 (Abercynon to Pontypridd) to grit road the gritting depot right next to road must have slept on night shift I sppose
Hello Taffy,I was in Aberdare at 7pm last night and it was snowing then and gritters were out working.

Once I got past Merthyr the snow had stopped,but the gritters were still working.

Our council in Ebbw Vale have not refilled our roadside bins yet have yours.

Anthony,

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Couple of inches of snow fell through the night on the East coast of Durham. Main roads OK but side roads have compacted snow on them. Bad driving at 06:30hrs this morning when I was coming home from work.

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
North of the Arctic Circle (Scotland) we still have snow from the week before Christmas, topped up this week. I've reported the kid's snowman as a persistent stalker. He gat an ASBO.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

30th January? Was that Saturday (yesterday)?

We left Glynneath about 0930, drove to Alcester. Route took us past Merthyr up Heads-of Valley (highest point 1350ft, it says), past Ross-on-Wye, onto the M50, M5, A46. Returned home at 1700hrs.

Yeah, snow on our back streets, no problem, but wife didn't get ambitious. Thereafter, the inner lanes on main roads were clear, but the white stuff in outer lanes did not encourage overtaking.

The Picanto doesn't have the chunkiest of tyres, but no problems at all. I did suggest taking the Disco, but got poo-pooed.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
This morning in Cheshire been snowing since 6am and still is at 8 am but only slightly, hope it soon clears away, only just got back golfing after 6 week absent and not due to go away in the van until 1st week in March, can't put up with both hobbies unavailable.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts