Someone will help you find a contact?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
Our camping infrastructure is not yet highly developed. Of course, there are sites that are ready to sell electricity for more than they buy))) A search on the Internet gives a result with reviews. A weekend trip is quite possible without connecting to a stationary power supply. You can always find an alternative.
The story I don't think is long. The man who sold me bought it in England. I am the first owner in Russia.
Refueling with gas and water is also not difficult.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Our camping infrastructure is not yet highly developed. Of course, there are sites that are ready to sell electricity for more than they buy))) A search on the Internet gives a result with reviews. A weekend trip is quite possible without connecting to a stationary power supply. You can always find an alternative.
The story I don't think is long. The man who sold me bought it in England. I am the first owner in Russia.
Refueling with gas and water is also not difficult.

so my question is Touring Caravan in Russia -are they rare ? How many miles or KM would you tow it and to where ? Russia I have been North - South and East pacific coast and never seen a caravan

Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
so my question is Touring Caravan in Russia -are they rare ? How many miles or KM would you tow it and to where ? Russia I have been North - South and East pacific coast and never seen a caravan
A trip of 1500 km to the shore of the warm sea is not annoying. Personally, I really want to come to London and Paris. This is much further. At the moment, the big problem is in funds.

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_112205.jpg
    IMG_20210617_112205.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 35
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Yes indeed funds is always the big problem - good to see your towing mirrors on the car - what car is it ? You are looking at Black Sea now - Bulgaria is good in Summer - of course you have many options - as for your original question why don’t you just keep us all updated here if your travels in Russia and beyond I will find it fascinating! 👍

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
This blue car is a 2010 Nissan Tiida.
I am afraid that this summer I will not be able to afford to take a carriage with me to Britain. The only hope remains to just fly in for a couple of days by plane.
Travels are probably on a different branch. Here I do not give up hope of getting to know the previous owners.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
A trip of 1500 km to the shore of the warm sea is not annoying. Personally, I really want to come to London and Paris. This is much further. At the moment, the big problem is in funds.

Is this picture in Moscow ? You are hitched up with the corner steadies down why ? You can just lower Jockey wheel.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
it was in Moscow. I stopped for a few hours and therefore did not want to unhook the car. lowered rolling wheel for added stability.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
meanwhile, I did not ask for someone else's data. I asked for my email address.

In the EU and the UK we have to comply with a number of Data Protection regulations. Businesses are not allowed to" processes" personal data for activities not directly connected with their business and outside the scope of the DPA.

In this case whilst Cris does collect names and addresses of owners of caravans which they can do lawfully as that is their prime purpose, but they would be breaking the law if they used that data for a non business purpose such as sending out a mail shot with your email address in it.

They would almost certainly be breaking the law if they retrieved previous owners details from their data base and used it create a targeted mailing list, And they have no business reason to distribute your email address which might be a second offence.

I expect you will find a similar response from most businesses.

You obviously have your reasons for wanting to contact the previous owners of the caravan, But your enquiry might open a can of worms:-

It is a sad fact that within the UK there some caravans are stolen with the intention to move them abroad and sell them illegally. A considerable number are fining their way to Eastern Europe.

Can you be certain yours is not one of these unfortunate vans?

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Personally cannot see how simply passing on an email address that was requested to be passed on, therefore expected and know to be passed on. To a contact which is held legitimately on a database, contravenes the Act. It is then completely up to the recipient (previous owner) what they choose to do with that email address.

I do understand that some companies apply different interpretation to the Act. And some may simply wish to be cautious. Which is understandable.

A large reputable retailer once sent me another persons details. The other person had a similar name. I actually had their address and, purchase history and credit card number.

I informed the person and suggested they contacted their bank. I never got a reply. The retailers staff had no idea of the enormity of what their company had done. And gave me the run around. I then contacted the chairman who did respond very quickly. And the appropriate government office to report the issue. They told me that they could, if they so wanted, fine the company some enormous amount based on a percentage of turn over. But were quite happy if the chairman settled amicably. This did surprise me. But I did get a £50 voucher.

John

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
for nostalgic reasons …. Well I can see that but maybe the person does not want it anyway - I don’t know if there any other Russians on here but it is interesting - send some pics of a Russian Caravan pitch I am interested

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Your caravan may have had a few previous owners EW, but because there's no official or compulsory registration system in Britain the chances of contacting a previous owner are negligible.
If Practical Caravan forum was asked for an individual's contact details we wouldn't be allowed to pass them on, and neither would any large company or organisation because it would be illegal.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Your caravan may have had a few previous owners EW, but because there's no official or compulsory registration system in Britain the chances of contacting a previous owner are negligible.
If Practical Caravan forum was asked for an individual's contact details we wouldn't be allowed to pass them on, and neither would any large company or organisation because it would be illegal.

He has never asked an organisation to pass on someone’s details, which, as you say, is illegal. Simply to pass on HIS details.

John

Reactions: RogerL and EW1999
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts