South Brittany

Sep 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to go to South Brittany can any one reccommend any good campsites on the coast/beach and the best/cheapest ferry crossing to Roscoff.

Thanks

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi mark, we went here 2 years ago for 5 days on our way back up to Roscoff, It was a nice site which take camping cheques, unfortunatly from the evening of our arrival to departure I only saw the toilet and our caravan as I was realy ill.

We are going back on Monday for 2 weeks so will be able to tell you more of the area when we get back.

http://www.camping-baden.com/UK/

Sep 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi mark, we went here 2 years ago for 5 days on our way back up to Roscoff, It was a nice site which take camping cheques, unfortunatly from the evening of our arrival to departure I only saw the toilet and our caravan as I was realy ill.

We are going back on Monday for 2 weeks so will be able to tell you more of the area when we get back.

http://www.camping-baden.com/UK/
Great Thanks, who are you getting the ferry with, roughly how much does it cost with the Van, I've never done it before and finally managed to get the wife to agree to it, I can't wait for next years holiday.

Thanks

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi the camp site as mentioned at baden is a good site with an out door pool complex and for this year a new indoor pool with slides as well. It has a resturant which is ok and the shop does sell basics as well as the baggette and pastries which were very good (unlike most of the sites weve been on)

The pitches are a good size but if you use camping cheques you have a choice of pithches with little grass (well used) looking around the rest of the site there are some lovely areas and nice grassy pitches.

Toliet blocks are clean and tidy 1 being new the other old but well maitained.

3 lakes for fishing on site, rip slides for the kids in the woods and play area for the younger ones.

All in all a good family site which I would recomend, although I would imagin quite noisy during the peak times.

As for the area, there are 2 peninsulas 1 each side of the site, to the north west is Quberon lovely to visit but very much comercalised and to the south is Arzon which is a pritty little port.

The markets around the area are very good being in different towns on different days. Auray and its old port is amust for a visit as well.

I could go on for ever but all in all a lovely area we will be visiting again

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Reecea, we went via plymouth with Brittany ferrys, over night on the way with a cabin and 3pm on the way back with cabin so ferry for car, caravan, 12 camping cheques, red pennant motoring and personal for the 13 days all in was

TRENDING THREADS