Space Saver Spare Wheels

Sep 11, 2007
Visit site
With many new cars having space saver spare wheel which must not be used whilst towing and not wishing to buy an extra wheel which when stored in the boot will impede the space needed for the dogs. What larger estates still come with full sized spares or do I have to go down the 4x4 route?

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
hi

i have just bought a new car ,i told the salesman that i needed a full size spare for towing,he supplied a steel full size wheel and a spacer to level the boot floor,and at no extra charge.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
As you probably know, some models now don't even have a spacesaver - they just have an aerosol. My Citroen C5 comes with a full size spare, although the car has four alloys and a steel spare.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
When I had a new shape Honda Civic, the handbook amendment stated that it was fine to tow with a space saver (an option) as long as you stuck to the space saver guidelines (speed / distance).

Current Zafiras have no spare at all, so if I have a puncture (touch wood) it looks like the AA will be called out.....

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I recently bought a 2009 xtrail with a full size spare wheel.

Nissan state that you CAN NOT tow with this spare.

So don't assume a full size spare can be used for towing.

Although a full size steel spare the tyre fitted is a TEMPORARY type, load restricted, and speed limited to 50mph.

The 2004 xtrail i towed with also had a full size steel spare, but fitted with tyre the same as on the road wheels, this COULD be used to tow with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts