Spain - A frame towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently arrived in Spain and find well authenticated reports of Spanish police tightening up on rules for towing small car behind motor van. For years they have turned a blind eye to this but no longer. Friend was fined 100 euro on the spot and his wife then had to drive the Smart car. As she is over 80 and they had several hundred miles to travel this was not a welcome development. You need to tow a car on a trailer with all 4 road wheels of the car not in contact with the road, and then the normal max. speed limit for trailer towing applies - 80kph even on autoroutes.
There was a niticable increase in police activity between Christmas and now, and I guess they will be equally keen on marker plates for 12m+ long outfits

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
……yes and it is not legal in France either, although a lot of people use them and seem to get away with it.

Whereabouts are you Ray and what is the weather like so far?
Will be down near Malaga from 1st week of February myself……

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Down near Mojacar and it's beautiful light breeze and sun, not too hot but supposed to get warmer. You can see forecasts on www.aemet.es to quite a local level. Have a look too at my new posting about where do you put your shopping. Have a good trip down

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts