Spanish motorway service areas

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if motorway service stations in Spain allow overnight parking for caravan outfits in the same way as they do in France or UK? An HGV driver has told me that this is possible. Would be grateful for any advice, we would just need a few hours rest on the journey across Spain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes they do, but I would be reluctant to do so for the same reason that Aires in France are not recommended. Some of the Spanish areas are less well lit that even the French and seem to lack CCTV in some cases.

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wouldn't risk it. Anyway who wants to sleep where Lorry drivers have been using the road a a public toilet !!

It may well be cheaper in the long run to use a site.

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
What a strange thing to say!

Since we've not had children caravanning with us we often up steadies and travel on a whim. If convenient we've quite often stopped on services along with other caravanners and motorhomers. Nothing to do with money.

We would fully recomend stopping at Aires or services rather than try and make a deadline over tired.

We've met great people including an Irish couple in a motor home who have travelled all over Europe for thirty years and never once used a camp site.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I have used a Spanish lorry park for ovenight stops not because I want to but the fact is that there are quite large stretches across central spain without sites near to the motorway, probably because they are not realy holiday areas. Its not ideal but we have not had a problem doing it and it is preferable to some sites we have used near Madrid with large numbers of scruffy statics and some very odd residents.

Dave

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Its down to personal choice.

I have stayed overnight on service areas, & dont enjoy the noise of trucks coming & going & also the refridgeration units working.

Also you have the worry of being robbed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts