spoiler for towing

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I can't answer your question regarding a spoiler but you may find that your caravan will tow steadier with a roof box. The roof box breaks the airflow that would otherwise hit the front of the caravan and so reduce noseload, thereby increasing the danger of potential instability. It won't improve your fuel consumption, though, as all you are doing is shifting the frontal area forward.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
thanks for that its what i thought might be the best option

modern cars are so much more aerodynamic now than they used to be and so are vans for that matter (but heavier)

getting a good air flow on a unit seems harder than it once was (half a brick on the front full brick on the back) stick a wind slammer on the half brick roof problem solved.

but these day of energy savings, flow patterns ect.

seems more difficult somehow to get the right balance

perhaps thats why there are so many 4x4,s on the road and used for towing hang your bungalow on the back and drag it anywhere you want to go.

the balance of smallest most economical car possible against the biggest best equiped van seems to be harder to attain

any comments anyone! any suggestions??

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a windslammer, free, if you collect. I found it probably improved mpg, and definitely improved stability when following lorries and car transporters. 0121 354 9226

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I have a windslammer which I use with my 1998 Renault Laguna to tow our 1982 Link 575 twin axle van.

The van being 25 years old is of an older design which is very much anti-aerodynamic.

I have adapted the attatchment to allow me to clamp the aerofoil using the Laguna's roof rail system, which gives me finite adjustment to get best air flow.

I have mananged to get 5mpg better on fuel and 7Mph better top cruising speed using my

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
I have a windslammer, free, if you collect. I found it probably improved mpg, and definitely improved stability when following lorries and car transporters. 0121 354 9226
thanks alan for the offer I understand from the phone code that your location is around the birmingham area, im in west yorkshire which is a bit far to travel for it.

however if you would please find out the cost of posting it to me and send me your name and address

by email to colin-nichollsesq@tiscali.co.uk

I will send you a check for the cost of postage no problem.

thanks colin

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Richard S,

I too found I got better M.P.G. with a roofbox fitted and was rather puzzled by that 'till I realised I only had the roofbox on for long steady journeys.

Mike E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts