Sprite Alpine 2- battery terminal position

May 20, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a leisure battery for my caravan. My selection conforms to the maximum size in the manual. My dealer tells me the size and shape of the terminals are all the same on leisure batteries.

My question is regarding the position of the terminals. Does it matter if they are similar to what you might find on a car, ie one at each end of the longest length or if they are both at one end. I can't find anything in the PDF manual I've downloaded other that a picture. After studying the picture I'd guess it doesn't really matter.

I'd feel more comfortable with my purchase with a few opinions please.

Thank you,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buy one with a terminal layout very similar or the same to that already fitted, then your cables will fit and route around without any problems.

May 20, 2021
Visit site
Buy one with a terminal layout very similar or the same to that already fitted, then your cables will fit and route around without any problems.
Good logic 'otherclive'. I should have mentioned I don't take delivery of the caravan until August so I don't have any knowledge yet!
Thanks for your support.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi
The terminals on a leisure battery are round posts at each end length way as a car battery, the length of a leisure battery does vary depending on your battery tray /compartment and your needs (if motor mover fitted ect)
Hope this helps
Gra

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Have a look at Tayna Batteries website, as there is plenty of information there about battery types. I have used this supplier many times and can recommend them. Tasty prices and next day delivery.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Have a look at Tayna Batteries website, as there is plenty of information there about battery types. I have used this supplier many times and can recommend them. Tasty prices and next day delivery.
I have also bought from them and if you are a member of the caravan and motorhome club you get 10% off if I remember correctly
Gra

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A nightmare though if you should have to return a failed battery. They are classed as hazardous waste and require licensed carriers for transport. I posted about my experiences some time back, and it was so much hassle that I’ve always purchased batteries locally. Most companies can be good on selling you a product but it’s when things go wrong that you then find out how they deal with you. I was continually referred to the battery maker and the supplier eventually had to be reminded in no uncertain terms of their obligations under consumer law. But even then getting it packaged and transported was unrequited hassle.

Reactions: Hutch

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
A nightmare though if you should have to return a failed battery. They are classed as hazardous waste and require licensed carriers for transport. I posted about my experiences some time back, and it was so much hassle that I’ve always purchased batteries locally. Most companies can be good on selling you a product but it’s when things go wrong that you then find out how they deal with you. I was continually referred to the battery maker and the supplier eventually had to be reminded in no uncertain terms of their obligations under consumer law. But even then getting it packaged and transported was unrequited hassle.
Did your bad experience involve Tayna, Clive? Dealing with web suppliers can be fraught with difficulties if things go wrong, and returning a battery must be tricky. I always carefully unpack and keep the packaging for a few days, but the carrier licence issue is one I have never thought of. Tayna batteries have been great in my experience, and very helpful when needed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Did your bad experience involve Tayna, Clive? Dealing with web suppliers can be fraught with difficulties if things go wrong, and returning a battery must be tricky. I always carefully unpack and keep the packaging for a few days, but the carrier licence issue is one I have never thought of. Tayna batteries have been great in my experience, and very helpful when needed.
The battery went faulty after a longer period of time but still well within its warranty period so the packaging wasn’t retained, but the vent plugs were. Eventually it found its way to back Wales, but I was still £25 out of pocket for allowing me to have it collected by the courier that eventually delivered my replacement battery. But it had to be double wrapped and sealed plus protected from knocks by bubble wrap and heavy cardboard Never again.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The battery went faulty after a longer period of time but still well within its warranty period so the packaging wasn’t retained, but the vent plugs were. Eventually it found its way to back Wales, but I was still £25 out of pocket for allowing me to have it collected by the courier that eventually delivered my replacement battery. But it had to be double wrapped and sealed plus protected from knocks by bubble wrap and heavy cardboard Never again.
Was it Tayna? They are not in Wales.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Anywhere west of Rhyl in my book is in Wales. Forum rules prevent naming of companies where there may be some disputed issue(s). So please stop asking.
I had an issue with Squadron who were in Wales - the first battery didn't arrive, the second had evidence of leakage - they refunded me in full and asked me to dispose of the battery to save them the cost of collection - the problem seemed to be with their courier, but good service otherwise.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had an issue with Squadron who were in Wales - the first battery didn't arrive, the second had evidence of leakage - they refunded me in full and asked me to dispose of the battery to save them the cost of collection - the problem seemed to be with their courier, but good service otherwise.
A used battery is classed as hazardous waste by the Environment Agency and can only be transported by licensed companies. The normal courier companies such as DPD, ParacelForce etc don’t handle them. Also because it is licenced waste most battery collection is from local garages, dealerships, scrap yards, battery suppliers etc and the collecting company then transport the loads to a more central hub,, and on they go until reaching a designated recycling center. So conveying a single battery half way across the country doesn’t align with the way the waste business is set up.

The problem probably wasn’t their courier as they may not have been licensed to carry a used battery back to the seller. . Anyway the company that I was dealing with wanted the battery returned. So as local outlets became more competitive and I’d rather a quiet life I have opted to buy batteries local.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts