St Austell

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
hi sun valley at london apprentice which is beetween st.austell and mevagissey i can highly reccomend this site is in the top 100 in this months mag . tregarton park near gorran would be another option

dom of launceston bailey pageant champagne mgzs180 2.5V6

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to all you residents in Cornwall but having visited your county on three seperate occassions - both to the north and south coats, my wife and I am sorry to say we cannot get on with holidaying in Cornwall. We have holidayed for years in Devon but cannot enjoy ourselves in Cornwall - SORRY folks but don't know what the reason is.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, Sorry you and your wife do not like holidaying in Cornwall, but as I live here I must defend the County.

Lovely place to live and come on Holiday too, I am about 40mins drive from St. Austell although it changed considerably like all places; it is still a nice place to stay, nice beaches and sites.

Anyway just as I said I just wanted to defend the County, I expect we will survive without your visits. I know you did say Sorry. Liz

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I have to partly agree with Colin, in so much as we love North Cornwall (going again this year) but the South coast does absolutely nothing for us, and we have tried on several occasions to discover why. Yes there are `pockets ` that we always make a point of going to (such as Mousehole and Polperro) but the rest just doesn`t do it for some intangible reason.

Just to balance things up, we also love South and West Wales, but I would prefer to work than go to the Lleyn Penunsula again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Sorry to hear of your 'dislike' of Cornwall.

I live here but strongly resent the HIGH Car Parking charges. In winter some are free, but come Easter back go the 'Pay and Display' meters. When you go to other Countries there is usually Free car parks almost everywhere, but here in Cornwall [as in many Counties] you do not feel welcomed only exploited.

Our roads are crowded and many 'youngsters' drive these narrow Cornish lanes at stupid speeds - endangering lives.

Many so called 'attractions' are very expensive for families.

I am surprised that so many of you still keep coming down here instead of heading for Dover - maybe it's the Pasties [or weather].

Anyway, I hope the Summer weather will be good for ALL your visits.

Enjoy

Mike

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
CORNWALL-love it.

I am probably biased as I have friends who live down there,but if we dont get down there for a year, we miss it like hell. Only thing I refuse to do is to travel down there on a summer saturday, so I will go to sites which will accomodate me on the days that I want to travel. I know Cornwall has its areas not particularly attractive to tourists and the odd no go area, but then so does every other county!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike perhaps your choice of word of "dislike" might be a bit exagerated. we like the area around Polperro and Fowey but Newquay and Land's End is a totatl rip off. I realise that the tourist industry is now a major source of revenue for the county but a lot can be done in certain areas to make the visitor more welcome and not just a money source.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Well Colin I am here again, I am very surprised that certain areas have not made visitors welcome, after all its in their interest to make visitors welcome, unless your travelling through a farming village where their live is slightly different from the tourist industry, it's a very short season in some ways, if people have children they are restricted, When to take their holidays As for Newquay this time of year is such a nice place, but it does seem to cater for the surfing dudes during the high season. Most businesses have to charge more, car parks etc all go up, but we have the highest water rates in the Country I believe, not only that we have to survive during the winter months, if it was not for the tourers and motorhomes that come here I would be without a job, so we and other sites should welcome visitors. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Well Colin I am here again, I am very surprised that certain areas have not made visitors welcome, after all its in their interest to make visitors welcome, unless your travelling through a farming village where their live is slightly different from the tourist industry, it's a very short season in some ways, if people have children they are restricted, When to take their holidays As for Newquay this time of year is such a nice place, but it does seem to cater for the surfing dudes during the high season. Most businesses have to charge more, car parks etc all go up, but we have the highest water rates in the Country I believe, not only that we have to survive during the winter months, if it was not for the tourers and motorhomes that come here I would be without a job, so we and other sites should welcome visitors. Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts