Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, im a newcomer here and a new comer to caravaning (well thats a lie i used to when i was a kid) and now im doing the towing of a abbey aventura 320 2001, this has a standard ball hitch and no stabiliser.

been searching around the net and found varying results on wether the winterhoff will fit. so does anyone know if it will fit. Why winterhoff i hear you ask, well being new, the bump part of it appeals to me, saving my poor bumper which i tagged aleady.

what chassis type does this have for future reference, no where i can find will tell me what type of chassis it is. so its over to you guys what ya reckon?

oh and while i remember i suppose i will have to buy a new hitch lock, my bulldog wont fit it i reckon.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
If you decide to buy the winterhoff ws3000 it will fit onto a standard clean towball, there must be no oil or grease or paint on as it will contaminate the pads......

I put a winterhoff on our van & it is very easy to use

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
No i dont have a Abbey

It comes with various size shims that fit over you drawbar that the coupling bolt to....

Have a look here at the Assembly and operating instructions

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello all, My caravan is a 2001 Abbey Aventura 318. It has a Alco Kober chassis with an Alco stabaliser hitch and tows and hitches up with no probs.at all. Hope this info helps,cheers Cliff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts