Stavanger Norway Sites

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone stayed on a site near Stavanger Norway? We hope to holiday there this year in July, ferry already booked, unable to make contact with any sites as it's probably to early to book. Recommendations gratefully received.

John

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Never been to Stavanger itself but we have been to Norway and I expect what applies at the other sites also applies to sites in the Stavanger region.

Most sites are relatively small and privately run with the owners often not living on site so they just close them down completely outside the short summer season. It is therefore understandable if no-one can be reached at this time of the year. However, my guide tells me that there is one open all year just outside Stavanger, Solvik Camping. I've got their email address and telephone number if you really want it but I can assure you that booking is unnecessary in Norway. It's not a major holiday destination so you can always expect a free pitch so long as you don't turn up very late. Even then, the friendly people up there are very accommodating and will always find a solution so that you won't be turned away. The pitches are generally well spread out and unmarked. As a result, if you want electricity and prefer a quiet spot in a far corner, (not that it will be very loud anywhere else), be sure to take an extra long lead - 50 to 60 metres would not be too long.

TRENDING THREADS