Steadie blocks

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly we probably cannot use our caravan until Easter next year so will not be able to try out the block until then. We do know of people that have been using them for a while with no issues. We mainly need them for our centre jacks.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Do others not store their vans with steadies, or axle jacks deployed, so needing some load spreading blocks even now?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Do others not store their vans with steadies, or axle jacks deployed, so needing some load spreading blocks even now?

When using CLs etc it is not uncommon to come across uneven pitches. We would not bother with the blocks in the storage yard.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My caravan is in storage and although the ground is firm it is very stoney indeed mainly for drainage purpose, we have pads on the legs and use the wooded blocks underneath the legs now feel sturdy so in view of this if the caravan feet are not flat then they are unstable to which the van is likely to move in slightly windy conditions and also when occasionally visit and enter the van. this is my prefered choice

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We only use blocks, if the steady legs are not"steadying" we have pads on the legs, why use blocks as well?

My "blocks" serve as pads, one thing doing both functions, all part of trying to declutter the hobby.
Looks a potential weakness in the foam blocks, they need the load spreading so dictate using pads, whereas the wooded blocks certainly don't?

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The blocks were delivered earlier in the week and I have now fitted them on the nearside of the caravan so that the caravan is tilted towards the offside for water to drain off. Also wheels no longer have so much pressure on them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts