Steadie blocks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I came across these foam blocks. They look better than carrying blocks of wood around with you. You get 4 for £18 so not bad value if you always seem to find the one and only pitch that slopes s in every direction possible. LOL! See https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173953730068
Interesting. At that size you may have to cut them down as undulations in the ground could warp them. I tried looking for them elsewhere to see if anyone had used them for a caravan. But the very mention of pads seems to lead to incontinence websites.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. At that size you may have to cut them down as undulations in the ground could warp them. I tried looking for them elsewhere to see if anyone had used them for a caravan. But the very mention of pads seems to lead to incontinence websites.
They are not that big with dimensions (roughly)- length 180mm, breadth 145mm, height 105mm. Or 18cm x 14.5cm x 10.5cm? Imperial approximately 7" x 5 1/2" x 4".

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have the plastic stacks and some wooden blocks which work well enough for us. You should be able to pick up the wooden blocks for nothing, we got them after they were left by workmen as waste after some work in the garden.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Pop into your local fencing supplier for a length of tanalised 100mm x 100 mm fence post saw into 9 pieces, twice what you need, for half the price.
The "spares" make effective wheel wedges, even posh ones if you saw off at 45 degrees or acuter.
LINK

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Pop into your local fencing supplier for a length of tanalised 100mm x 100 mm fence post saw into 9 pieces, twice what you need, for half the price.
The "spares" make effective wheel wedges, even posh ones if you saw off at 45 degrees or acuter.
LINK

We prefer the blocks as who wants unsightly bits of timber so decided to buy the blocks in preference as they are lighter than bits of timber. Each to their own I guess. :D

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Many thanks for this useful info.'

Going to order as my Stackapads are broken and sometimes difficult to separate after use.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have bought already them but not used them yet ( damn you Covid). Got them after having to borrow a couple of breeze blocks from a very helpful CL owner on a sloping pitch. They seem really solid with a thin softer top layer. I am hoping that this will absorb the slight residual wobble when the steadies are down. Thought about getting stacka pads but when we were on the site where we borrowed the breeze blocks it was blowing a gale and rocking the van to the extent that I got up at 3 am to check that we weren’t being hopped off said breeze blocks. We weren’t but after that experience I thought stacka pads looked precarious!! .
mel

Reactions: PTA

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We prefer the blocks as who wants unsightly bits of timber so decided to buy the blocks in preference as they are lighter than bits of timber. Each to their own I guess. :D

Agreed, each to their own. Not that I have ever considered wooden blocks in this steady base role as "unsightly", though again not something I have spent camping time considering.

Though as it is raised, I am not convinced the white soft plastic surface of these "Bassett's Allsorts" like blocks will not lose some of their suggested visual charm over time, from ingrained mud and grime.

If our block ever fail, or we run out, in the time left, will be time to reassess.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not a bad price Buckman .Thanks for the link. This old dog still carries wooden blocks which in forty years haven’t failed me😁
Same here, two 4 inch high wooden blocks and 4 plastic stackers, NOT , going to buy anything new for the van until at least 2021. But the weight looks good.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have look at the foam blocks and the plastic stack pads and we decide to buy Plastic stack pads to go with the wooden blocks .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I likes the looks of them.

As Mel says.

“They seem really solid with a thin softer top layer. I am hoping that this will absorb the slight residual wobble when the steadies are down.”

Or would they enhance the wobble?

Worth finding out.

John

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I likes the looks of them.

As Mel says.

“They seem really solid with a thin softer top layer. I am hoping that this will absorb the slight residual wobble when the steadies are down.”

Or would they enhance the wobbl?

Worth finding out.

John
Will report back after first use. If it turns the van into a trampoline, I will be the first to complain. :)
mel

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts