Stealth Caravans

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I have a Stealth Q58 and when I speak to people not many know what it is, people at the site we keep it are always curious about it, The owner of the site has told me everyone asks him about it, so I was wondering does anyone else own a Stealth?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have a Stealth Q58 and when I speak to people not many know what it is, people at the site we keep it are always curious about it, The owner of the site has told me everyone asks him about it, so I was wondering does anyone else own a Stearth?
Don’t own a Stealth but did look around one at our storage site. Nicely fitted out. Have you had any problems with yours and is the supply of specific Stealth parts available.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have a Stealth Q58 and when I speak to people not many know what it is, people at the site we keep it are always curious about it, The owner of the site has told me everyone asks him about it, so I was wondering does anyone else own a Stearth?
Is it one Buckman imported🤔.
As they are South African I assume they are solidly constructed to handle the rough terrain and wildly varying weather . No chance of overloading the axle😉😉🤪🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it one Buckman imported🤔.
As they are South African I assume they are solidly constructed to handle the rough terrain and wildly varying weather . No chance of overloading the axle😉😉🤪🤪
The British Stealths were made by Dunster House in Flixborough from 2009. The SA Stealth is a different mini beast and the outside kitchen wouldn't hack it in Britain.

Reactions: PTA and Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Otherclive is correct. They were a very nice but short lived model and are very rare now. We did see one at the caravan show in Glasgow just before production started and were generally impressed.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The British Stealths were made by Dunster House in Flixborough from 2009. The SA Stealth is a different mini beast and the outside kitchen wouldn't hack it in Britain.
Same people who make sheds. I remember us wanting to look inside one at the NEC show and you had to make an appointment. Never bothered and the next year they closed up shop.
The SA one is a very robust off road caravan and as you say, the outside kitchen would not work in the UK, maybe in Spain. When we were in SA in 2018 we looked inside some SA built caravans as our previous SA caravan was a folder down trailer. What struck us was how thin the foam mattresses were as they were about 3-5cms thick. However the when buying a caravan in SA it came with everything ready to go camping straight away, i.e. battery, water and waste containers, crockery and cutlery. Cannot remember if awnings were inclusive. All you needed was bedding and towels.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Same people who make sheds. I remember us wanting to look inside one at the NEC show and you had to make an appointment. Never bothered and the next year they closed up shop.
The SA one is a very robust off road caravan and as you say, the outside kitchen would not work in the UK, maybe in Spain. When we were in SA in 2018 we looked inside some SA built caravans as our previous SA caravan was a folder down trailer. What struck us was how thin the foam mattresses were as they were about 3-5cms thick. However the when buying a caravan in SA it came with everything ready to go camping straight away, i.e. battery, water and waste containers, crockery and cutlery. Cannot remember if awnings were inclusive. All you needed was bedding and towels.
At least my shed stays dry and doesn't crack:eek:

For Plodd, British and South African options?

Image.jpeg

/https://stealthcaravans.co.za/

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There is one at the storage yard where we keep our van. I think that Stealth were trying some innovative layouts, but as others have said it was a short lived run. Shame as, had they caught on, it might have shaken up the market. However, I can’t say the black Kryten’s head front panel design was my cup of tea.
Mel

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
There is one at the storage yard where we keep our van. I think that Stealth were trying some innovative layouts, but as others have said it was a short lived run. Shame as, had they caught on, it might have shaken up the market. However, I can’t say the black Kryten’s head front panel design was my cup of tea.
Mel
Well it looks like I might be in a club of 2 !

TRENDING THREADS