Steamy windows

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new caravan and find that one of the windows has condensation between the double glazed panel, I been told by the dealer that this is normal and the windows are breathable and I would only require a replacement if there is staining on the window. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two options: Leave them alone, and when they dry out, they will clear (warmer weather, sunshine): Or, prise out the little bungs and play a hairdrier on it's lowest setting into one of them. Take care, too much heat could harm the window.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes you could take the bung out and use a hairdryer to get rid of condensation,but really with a new van it certainly should not be there in the first place,so plastic windows are breathable now are they??? what crap.take it back

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, if all other windows are ok and only 1 suffers from this problem then surely that can't be right - demand a replacement and don't take "no" for an answer, after all the dealer will claim any cost back won't he?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, I am sure you must have spent several thousand pounds purchasing your new caravan. Did you specify faulty windows on your purchase document? I don't think so. If you used a finance house tell them about the fault and see what happens. The dealer will start to take a keen interest. Otherwise point out that the windows by definition is supposed to be transparent, and resist moisture and condensation between the panes. As you have condensation the window is definitely faulty and not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods act must be replaced - do not accept a repair to the window only a replacement and insist on evidence of replacement. The law is on your side.

The sooner some of the rogue dealers are brought to book about their specific responsibilities to customer rights the better.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thought that this was about a song from a Tina Turner album:)

Seriously, this is no great problem and certainly there is no need for replacement under warranty. As has been previously stated a bit of gentle heat with the bungs out will sort the problem. If you take it back to the dealer that is probably all that they will do.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thought that this was about a song from a Tina Turner album:)

Seriously, this is no great problem and certainly there is no need for replacement under warranty. As has been previously stated a bit of gentle heat with the bungs out will sort the problem. If you take it back to the dealer that is probably all that they will do.
Hello Dusty, I am have to disagree with your point of view. I do not know of any one who specifically purchases a new product with faults. If you let dealers or traders get awy with these infractions then they will not put pressure on the manufactures to improve product quality. If soemthing is faulty why do you want to pay full price for it? In this case, if the window has fogged once it is likely to continue to fog.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts