Stolen Caravan Update

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
No news on caravan,but caravan club very quick to settle looks like it will be within 6 weeks.Have found a new van,wheres a show when you need one!!!!Insurance now specify Tracker to be fitted and premium up by £150.Update from the Police that 36 vans have been stolen from Hampshire in the last month, so many now it doesnt make their crime figures look good so they will have to do something about it.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
A friend has emailed about his pride and joy. His Alpina BMW was stolen about a month ago.

The police found the car that had been used in some crime, it had a tracker! The tracker was faulty !

Second time he has lost a car and the previous car had the tracker disabled !!!!!!!!!!! Car believed to have been stolen "to order" and never seen again.

He is waiting to hear what the insurance company will come up with re the payout and his premium that is due in two weeks ;-)

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Cris

If i dont have tracker fitted i cant get insurance so have a choice either take the risk or get it fitted and at least i can get insrance would like to be out of pocket for 18k 1k is bad enough

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
My friend had a fancy car vandalised twice some years back, and is in the same position. Tracker is "requested" by his insurers, after the first car went with no trace his premium was hiked up!

He reckoms he is the unluckiest guy in the world with trackers, on the other hand what are the statistics on trackers failing ;-(

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
All ,

Is it me but I can't believe that all end up with the travelling fraternity, (a fair few I bet and I could be prejudice) but the last time I saw travellers they had moved "upmarket" and some had motor-homes.

Are more vans being stolen??? or are we just be made aware of it ?? and I guess there most be dealers or are knowingly or unknowingly passing these on. I would be interested to know how many people brought a stolen van and from where??

Kindest regards Monkeys husband

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
A friend has emailed about his pride and joy. His Alpina BMW was stolen about a month ago.

The police found the car that had been used in some crime, it had a tracker! The tracker was faulty !

Second time he has lost a car and the previous car had the tracker disabled !!!!!!!!!!! Car believed to have been stolen "to order" and never seen again.

He is waiting to hear what the insurance company will come up with re the payout and his premium that is due in two weeks ;-)
Chris mate,

Until a couple of weeks ago I drove for a living and my van was fitted with a tracker. When ever we looked on the computer to track it, the computer said it was in the storage yard when it was out on the road and at night when it was parked up, it told us it was out on the road and invariably doing 7mph. Trackers are rubbish. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts