Stop the rot

Mar 11, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone any suggestions on how to run the rain water off the caravan cover in the middle of the roof every time it rains it always seems to sit in the middle of the cover taking ages to evaporate and not doing the cover any good.Other than putting something under the cover on the roof which is a pain when on the caravan I have run out of ideas.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony

I am not sure whether my suggestion is safe, (no doubt someone will slate me), but can you park your caravan so that the front is lower than the rear? (i.e lower the jockey wheel and front corner steadies or something) Not tried it myself, but it's an idea!

Lolly x

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
There's no reason why a caravan has to be parked level. A slight slope helps to get rid of standing water on the roof whether a cover is fitted or not. I always park mine at home and deliberately set it out of level for this very purpose. The corner steadies are then put down in the normal fashion.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Tony,

I always pitch my van slopping to the front and have no bother. I would have thought you are putting the jockey wheel down to help the steadies.

It doesn't take much of a slope to get the water running off,

Regards Pop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts