Storage Advice

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
My van goes in tempoary storage for 6 weeks this Saturday and as this is the first time any advice would be welcome, it's normally on the drive which I am currently re-placing is there any Do's or Dont's.
They have asked for keys to the wheel locks and hitch lock in case they have to move it in an emergency --- is this normal?
Do I put the steady's down to stabalise it in case of winds?

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
some storage sites do ask for keys but check who is responsable for any damage if they do move it putting legs down is down to personal preferance also remove all valuables and put a sign in window saying valuables removed hope this helps

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
trucker craig said:
some storage sites do ask for keys but check who is responsable for any damage if they do move it putting legs down is down to personal preferance also remove all valuables and put a sign in window saying valuables removed hope this helps

Thanks Craig, good point about the damage cheers.
Dont leave much valubles in it any way except for the porch awning, BBQ and the normal gumph that goes in the front locker.

Welcome to the forum by the way

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You neeed the legs down in casethere are strong winds. We leave the curtains open and the cupboard doors open to show that it is empty, it also protects the springs on the blinds from stretching.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts