Stowford farm practical caravan readers rallye

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi CrazyGuider
You seem to have revived a previous topic from 2010
smiley-smile.gif

Stowford is a large well appointed site with tourers, statics and chalets and field 5 is a touring field with ehu, water points, grey waste drains and of course a new spotlessly clean toilet / shower block.
You could stay for extra nights at just £5 per night which is a real bargain when you consider that you are on a pitch with electric hook up. The site is sloping and I'd strongly advise you to take wheel levelling ramps and some wooden blocks in case the pitch slopes away from your jockey wheel and front steadies.
The Practical Caravan Readers Rally is centered around the large marquee and various activities such as games for children, dog shows, question and answer sessions with members of the Practical Caravan team providing the answers to any technical questions that may arise.
Last year we were all treated to a cream tea, a BBQ, there is evening entertainment with a quiz usually on the first rally night in one of the site venues and the multitude of raffle prizes make the price of a raffle ticket a worthwhile investment.
The word 'rally' to some implies roughing it on a corner of a farmers field in the middle of nowhere but the site is first class and there are plenty of places to visit locally (I'd recommend a visit to Lynmouth).
I'm sure that you will enjoy the readers rally and you will meet up with lots of frendly caravanners including hopefully some forumites.
The 'Woosie Club' btw started out initially as a forum discussion with regard to elsan toilet usage
smiley-undecided.gif
and the Woosies are those who find the idea of using their caravan loo to it's full potential
smiley-wink.gif
somewhat distateful.
As a regular commited C&CC rally goer I'm not amongst their number but nevertheless I'm looking forward to meeting them at Stowford, hopefully they will be identifiable by Woosie T shirts so if you see one say hello.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Only 16 days to go for us and cant wait to meet fellow members was there two years ago and loved it.
I`m off to barnstaple in morning so was going to call in a put a towel down to reserve my pitch but i know one of you lot would move it and i`d up in the cow shed.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
Only 16 days to go for us and cant wait to meet fellow members was there two years ago and loved it.
I`m off to barnstaple in morning so was going to call in a put a towel down to reserve my pitch but i know one of you lot would move it and i`d up in the cow shed.

Kopite ole chap you on the port already? Keep up this post as Parksy has said is from 2010
smiley-laughing.gif

Any way the cow shed is reserved --------------------------- for my OH and she wont share
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what's happened there Dareny but Click Here if you're using Internet Explorer which may be incompatible with this and other websites.
You may be better to use an alternative browser such as Firefox or Google

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts