Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
I have a bailey ranger 470/4 2000.
Every time i go away i struggle with half the lights and water pump - they just dont work.
I got fridge, heating, and half the lights.
After a good few days i finally get the water and rest of lights going but have no idea how or what i did ..
Im wondering if these run on battery and its flat? But after a few days the hook up recharges it?
How can i get water and lights to work right away when I come away?
Tia

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The pump and lights run off 12v which is supplied by the battery , which is charged by the on board charger when the van is connected to the mains power and the charger switch is ON.

You need to check, or get checked, the battery to see if it is still OK or if it needs replacing.
If it has been left discharged for a long period of time it may be permanently damaged and will have to be replaced.

Where do you keep the van? at home or storage?
If at home then plug it into the mains supply and switch the charger ON.
If in storage with no power available, take the battery home and put on charge with a smart charger.

You dont say how long you have had the van or if it has been serviced recently.
If it has not been serviced recently it should be done to ensure your safety and that of your family, and if you get a mobile engineer, you can ask him to show you how everything works.

You can find a local mobile engineer here: https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

Last edited:
Reactions: Thingy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats very good advice there from Damian. Obviously, its an older caravan and if its new to you, you probably dont know the history. Where kids are involved, and for that matter anybody, get it checked. You can probably get a mobile enginner to do a service, mine costs £200, but what price do you put on life. It appears that you have some sort of issue, so get it checked over. It does sound like an issue on the 12volt side.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In the 2000 Bailey I think that the battery is part of the electric circuit and if flat will drag down the overall supply. As Damien mentions it does point towards a possible issue withe battery.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would go with Damian knowledge he knows what he is talking about it was my battery what was at fault on my caravan it was flat so i think your Bailey might be same

TRENDING THREADS