Stupid boy!!!

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Took our van back to storage yesterday, when we got there I went for the remote control for the mover.....not in it's usual place, in fact nowhere to be found. Luckily was able to reverse onto spot. Remote was found flattened about half a mile from home. I'd left it on the fairing while I hitched up and forgotten to put it away. A very expensive lapse as a new one (Reich) has a price tag of £148 !! Ah well, we live and learn.
Regards to all
Derek

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Derek. Picking up on your signature. Nostalgia is often linked to long term memory. Perhaps the the short term memory needs a little injection of help. Why not look for a 'Holster' to fasten to your body with a belt or if your already were a belt all the better. After manoeuvres with the remote put it into the Holster. Perhaps even a 'Bum Bag' type body bag would help avoid a repeat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Derek
That's an extortionate price.
my new Sky+ HD remote control only cost £16.99 and it does far more than your Reich kit. Even a radio controlled aircraft controller is cheaper.
Why are us caravanners ripped off??

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi "Rooster",
Thanks for your thoughts on my lapse! What I think I'll do is stick a piece of velcro to the back of the remote (when I get it) and another piece inside the battery box. Then when I switch off the isolator having moved the van I would be visually reminded to stick the remote onto the velcro.(Other makes of hook and loop fasteners are available)!! Thanks for your concern re my short term memory (approaching 76 I can't expect much more!)
Have fun
Regards...Derek
PS I've just noticed the last sentence of your signature! How true.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dusty,
Reich know full well that my mover is useless without the remote.The words "barrel" and "over" spring to mind. Maybe when I am at the NEC in October I'll ask the question of other manufacturers: "How much for a replacement remote?"
Regards
Derek

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I got a Reich one off fleabay for £15 ,I have threaded some cord through holes drilled each side through the battery compartment and hang it round my neck.Its daylight robbery that price

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi unless you have already ordered a new remote, on e bay is a used receiver plus remote for sale at a buy it now price of £60

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
A friend did the same by leaving it on the Aframe when on site. He only realised when he got home and needed it. This was a PowrTouch remote and it was a similar price for a replacement. When he rang up they told him they sell at least two a week from people losing them.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Beehpee said:
Hi unless you have already ordered a new remote, on e bay is a used receiver plus remote for sale at a buy it now price of £60

Don't you have to pair up the remote with the control unit somehow?

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
this reminds me of my stepson, he put his iphone on the roof of the car, dont know why, went up road and seen something fly off. Stopped, got out to look and as he realised it was his phone, a bus came and ran over it.......i wouldnt mind but a month later he did the same thing, but the bus didnt run over it, he just lost it completely....

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Ive got Mobileme on my iphone.it locates it from a computer and if youve left it around the house you can make it ring even if its turned off or on silent.And its free.

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
My dad was showing off his motor mover to me last summer at Tattershall he left it on the frame and when he realised it had mysteriously disappeared #cough #nicked

I'm pretty sure his replacement was >£100 but dont recall the make.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've just successfully bid for one on the well known auction site: 32 quid plus postage. Waiting for it to arrive then I can reset the control box and away we go.....I hope. A better gamble than paying £148 I would think.
Regards to all and thanks for your concern.
Derek

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Over a hundred quid for a basic remote control? I’m surprised that some enterprising company hasn’t built a “one size fits all” replacement remote handset. You can get them for TV’s/video/DVD players at a reasonable cost. A gap in the market? Look out Dragon’s Den, here I come.
smiley-cool.gif

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Remote control arrived yesterday : followed reset instructions in Handbook and couldn't get it to work. (Much consternation) Spoke to a gent at Reich and he said the book was a poor translation from the German, and gave me concise instructions. Went to storage site again today, followed the procedure and hey presto! I can continue caravanning. A bargain.
Regards to all
Derek

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts