suitcase sat dish

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
i am pondering about tv for next year and was wondering if these suitcase dishes really do work, as my local caravan dealer told me they are no good at all, need help for this exmas hols.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Your dealer is sadly mistaken, you can now pick these suitcase sat systems (Freesat)from many sources including super markets at very reasonable prices. I suggest you buy a sat finder if you don't get one with your purchase.

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Bought mine from maplins for about 70 quid. brilliant, takes about 5 minutes to set up once you've got the hang of finding the satellite which I do with the aid of a childs compass. Wouldn't be without it. Wife can watch strictly while I go fishing.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
What you don't say is where you want to use it.

A suitcase kit will work across most of England and Wales without problem, but you may find problems in the northern parts of England and pretty well all of Scotland.

It will also probably work in the first, say, 50-100 miles of northern France and Belgium, and along the Dutch coast, but go much further into Europe than that and you'll start to have problems. A 60cm dish will work across most of France, parts of northern Spain, and most of Germany

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
thanks peeps, so can say that if i buy a suitcase dish and fix it to my old tv pole into the jockey wheel housing i should get a good picture.

also if i take my sky+ box with me will i need a sat finder,

what i'm thinking of doing is the above, get dish out, connect to pole, connect cables from dish to sky box, then to tv.

will this work?

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Karl,If you are going to take your Sky box with you you only need to find a sky dish which can usualy be found cheap on ebay or at a local boot fair.I see no advantage in buying a suitcase kit as well.

A sat finder is usefull but as long as you can see the screen of your tv a simple compass will do. try the website below

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ftamain.htm

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have the LIDLE and SKY+ box and all work as they should do, however when not on hook up the LIDLE comes into its own being 12v, unless you have a inverter then the Sky can be used.The Lidle works fine with the 40cm dish far as Brittany and Vosges then still works ok if changing to the larger dish from LIDLE which is 550cm, this dish has a twin lnb as well for the Sky+.The LIDLE one is handy for viewing foreign programs when bored.

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
What you don't say is where you want to use it.

A suitcase kit will work across most of England and Wales without problem, but you may find problems in the northern parts of England and pretty well all of Scotland.

It will also probably work in the first, say, 50-100 miles of northern France and Belgium, and along the Dutch coast, but go much further into Europe than that and you'll start to have problems. A 60cm dish will work across most of France, parts of northern Spain, and most of Germany
these things work well in Scotland as well I can assure you we can get sat signals

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts